Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 05:01 PM

Re: Looking good at 80

I've been paying a lot of attention to this lately and I've noticed that fabulous older women like the woman in this article:

Wear rich, saturated colors and stay away from pastels.
They choose beige, white, or gray for neutrals and are wary of black that accentuates wrinkles.
Collars are often turned up and they often wear turtlnecks
Wear monochrome outfits and stay away from tiny prints
When they do wear prints, they go bold.
Wear youthful eyewear - take a risk.
Wear sporty clothing and stay away from too much lace or feminine touches meant for younger women like puffed sleeved.
Wear clothes that are tailored and fit.
Wear crisp fabrics that hide sins rather than limp materials that show flaws.
They seek and follow the advice of younger haristylists.
They wear bright lips, warm tone rouge, mascara. (The blue eye makeup is the only thing here that is not good). They aren't wearing their makeup the way they did when they were twenty.

They check their posture constantly, hold their heads up, and smile.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 05:28 PM

But still not a mention of shoes!

I'd hazzard a guess that she wears kitten heels, or wedges, or even pretty trainers with trousers.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 06:32 PM

The 80 year old model looks great. I know it’s got nothing to do with it but am l right in thinking, she is from Germany?
Just checked, yes she is.

I caught a bus today and an 86 year old woman started chatting to me.
She said, she lived out in the country and had ridden her bike to the bus stop. She would then catch the bus back, get her bike from outside the undertakers and ride up the hill home. Marvellous!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
But still not a mention of shoes!

I'd hazzard a guess that she wears kitten heels, or wedges, or even pretty trainers with trousers.
Spot on. Aren't we all?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The 80 year old model looks great. I know it’s got nothing to do with it but am l right in thinking, she is from Germany?
Just checked, yes she is.

I caught a bus today and an 86 year old woman started chatting to me.
She said, she lived out in the country and had ridden her bike to the bus stop. She would then catch the bus back, get her bike from outside the undertakers and ride up the hill home. Marvellous!
Gosh, yes! A model for all of us!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top