Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:42 PM

Re: A living legend!

Early Rolling Stones was known as rhythm and blues music. In essence, a 'garage' style but all bands begin like that. In the U.S. they are more widely known as high school bands.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Early Rolling Stones was known as rhythm and blues music. In essence, a 'garage' style but all bands begin like that. In the U.S. they are more widely known as high school bands.
That’s right but apparently the Stones were legendarily known for keeping this style even as they progressed both musically and financially. It became their signature style.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
That’s right but apparently the Stones were legendarily known for keeping this style even as they progressed both musically and financially. It became their signature style.
It's their trademark Bratti. All bands have a certain style except in rare cases such as David Bowie who would change with the times.
But Dire Straits, Status Quo etc stick to a formula which fans are happy with.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 11:12 PM

It's their trademark Bratti. All bands have a certain style except in rare cases such as David Bowie who would change with the times.
But Dire Straits, Status Quo etc stick to a formula which fans are happy with.
Trademark / signature style ... same thing. Right?
And I’m not saying they aren’t a great band nor worthy of their success. They certainly are.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-05-2019, 11:19 PM

Trademark / signature style ... same thing. Right?
And I’m not saying they aren’t a great band nor worthy of their success. They certainly are.
I was agreeing with you actually, Bratti
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

19-05-2019, 11:20 PM

I was agreeing with you actually, Bratti
Oh good.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-05-2019, 11:25 PM

Oh good.
I was rather surprised by your response. I wouldn't understand why you wouldn't think so tbh
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

20-05-2019, 02:27 AM

I was rather surprised by your response. I wouldn't understand why you wouldn't think so tbh
Because socially I’m r-e-a-l-l-y slow.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

20-05-2019, 03:00 AM

Because socially I’m r-e-a-l-l-y slow.
I can identify with you a lot actually, Bratti.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 10:01 AM

Nahhh. I get plenty of satisfaction. Just without him.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top