Join for free
Page 7 of 17 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:42 PM

Re: Brexit or UKIP

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Simple solution. Insurancebased health care. Everybody here must take out insurance. If you go to a health care provider for the first time you have to show your insurance card, and identification. Easy.

Good idea, not how it "works" here though, you just turn up and treatment is free.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Good idea, not how it "works" here though, you just turn up and treatment is free.
Has advantages. My wife was at the cenotaph remembrance, november last year. Got problems with her heart (she's heart patient). Aid was offered by medical personel. No questions asked about insurance etc.
Ray Cathode
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:55 PM

Has advantages. My wife was at the cenotaph remembrance, november last year. Got problems with her heart (she's heart patient). Aid was offered by medical personel. No questions asked about insurance etc.

I agree, great health system, but is it sustainable and would it have been reciprocated in the low countries and does it depend or should it require EU membership
Ray Cathode

19-05-2019, 11:15 PM

Off to bed now Solly, no doubt see you tomorrow. Hope your wife is well. Need to get ready to vote Brexit on Thursday.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I agree, great health system, but is it sustainable and would it have been reciprocated in the low countries and does it depend or should it require EU membership
The system is necessary since people get older (on average) with diseases typical of old age (alzheimer, more cancers, more parkinson). So their is a gaining demand for care.
Sustainability of the system is firstly about making (political) choices. Do you want good health care or a new rail with trains traveling fast, so passengers gain 20 minutes on a 3 hour journey?
In emergency situations medical support is always given, so yes reciprocated. Fincial aspect? Presently in the EU via EHIC the cost are compensated. When UK leaves the EU, I don't know.
Should good cooperation on health care require EU membership? No of course not. But it seems easier to realise when there are existing connections.
Ray Cathode

19-05-2019, 11:28 PM

Do you want good health care or a new rail with trains traveling fast, so passengers gain 20 minutes on a 3 hour journey?

As with most Britons I want a good health service and have no interest in HS2, in fact I don't want HS2 but I do want a better rail service.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:20 AM

I had to laugh at Solasch suggestion of having private health care.
Been there, done that, no T shirt though. As we got older, the cost rose so that we had to drop it, and instead built our own ‘slush fund’ for if and when we needed private medical care.
As there is just myself now, I expect that I can still go private if needed. I am just lucky that I can still afford it.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 10:58 AM

Simple solution. Insurancebased health care. Everybody here must take out insurance. If you go to a health care provider for the first time you have to show your insurance card, and identification. Easy.
Solly, the NHS is insurance based! every working person in
the UK pays what is called National insurance! Which is
supposed to cover, health, pension and other benefits!
Years ago this system worked, why it is struggling now l
cant say, although l have suspicions?
However, l believe this thread was titled brexit v ukip? Not
Religion and society?

Best regards Donkeyman !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Every working person in the UK pays what is called National insurance! Which is supposed to cover, health, pension and other benefits!
Years ago this system worked, why it is struggling now l cant say, although l have suspicions?
Fewer people working and contributing.

More people benefiting from handouts.

Simple.

Now back to 'Brexit or UKIP'.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

20-05-2019, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Solly, the NHS is insurance based! every working person in
the UK pays what is called National insurance! Which is
supposed to cover, health, pension and other benefits!
Years ago this system worked, why it is struggling now l
cant say, although l have suspicions?
However, l believe this thread was titled brexit v ukip? Not
Religion and society?

Best regards Donkeyman !
Emjay in his post 59 regarding the benefits from EU membership brought up doctors and full waiting room.
National security is what we had for health care till everybody had to take out individual insurance. All thanks to the gulf of privatisation of public services instigated by mother thatcher.
As I said, our system has certain advantiges, but I can give you a list of disadvantiges.
This is linked to brexit/EU in that the UK was a member of the EU and everybody was watching in admiration at mrs thatcher who so miraculously solved many an economic problem by selling out to the market security you had for energy, health and old age.
Almost every other EEC member followed her example.
Is the EU helping in any way to ameliorate the negative effects? I don't know. What I do know is that our regional gas/electricity supplier is now swedish owned.

Page 7 of 17 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top