Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 01:25 PM

Re: Rose Expert?

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yeah, yeah... where I have I heard that before?

Honest! Would I lie to you?
About this bridge I have to sell, are you interested?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Vlad, there are hundreds and hundreds of roses, so it will be hard to identify.

There are two things I can suggest though -

1. The little spots are usually caused by rain, it happens to mine the same, especially the white ones.

2. Have a look at this David Austin page.
Your rose looks quite a lot like the one called 'Silver Anniversary,' (4th line down), but see what you think.

https://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/colour/white-cream
It looks like it Mups, thanks for doing the research..the one we found...honest! is a creamy colour but hey what’s in a name it looks nice..
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
My good lady found (nicked) a rose branch when we were returning to out car at the garden centre about 2 years ago. She planted it up and this year it flowered. I was hoping that maybe someone on here could identify it.
The buds started off pale green and now the large flowers are cream with some red spots, a hybrid tea I suspect but cannot find anything similar on the internetwebby thing.
Can anyone help?
Take it back to the garden centre and explain to them your wife stole a cutting a while back. Then ask them if they can help with identification. I used to look after a small estate in central london and we had some terrific rhododendrons adjacent to a public pavement. They were forever being snipped by people passing by. Really cheesed me off. Had some right barneys with those idiots I can tell you.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 07:41 PM

I was thinking of the Countess of Wessex. Nothing to do with your Rose, I was just thinking about her.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

14-07-2020, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
Take it back to the garden centre and explain to them your wife stole a cutting a while back. Then ask them if they can help with identification. I used to look after a small estate in central london and we had some terrific rhododendrons adjacent to a public pavement. They were forever being snipped by people passing by. Really cheesed me off. Had some right barneys with those idiots I can tell you.
Mmm? I think I might just give that idea a miss
Vlad
West Midlands UK

14-07-2020, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was thinking of the Countess of Wessex. Nothing to do with your Rose, I was just thinking about her.
Yesssss? And?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 07:58 PM

Yesssss? And?

Does she have a bare root?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Does she have a bare root?

Behave yourself, man.

Nurse, bring his pills.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 08:55 PM

Honest! Would I lie to you?
About this bridge I have to sell, are you interested?
Yes - we've got you sussed

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top