Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 11:48 AM

Re: Hairdressers

Barbers here open next week... But I did notice with the start of Football, which was before the Barbers..... How most if not all the footballers were sporting trend hair styles.

Guess their girlfriends or wives are hairdressers..
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 10:05 PM

I don't think I will bother. I've been cutting my own hair in flattering layers that are now don't look half bad. I'm quite pleasantly surprised that despite having highlights for years I have hardly any obvious greys and they are still so random that you'd only notice looking close. The colour is richer than I remember and still shiny. It's been ten years since I last tried to grow my blonde highlights out. But I don't know whether it's down to no work commuting and eating differently but my hair is growing thicker and healthier than it has for years.

Some friends have been to the hairdresser and three out of four I have seen no difference or it actually looks worse. One looks fabulous as she's had a change of style and colour. Yet another cut her own hair and it looks great. But some who have ventured to the salon have ended up needing colour corrections or a bad cut and I'm not too impressed with PPE variety in results. I've been complemented more than once on video chats about my hairstyle so DIY may be the next trend!

It's funny but the friends who have gone grey actually looked great when they let the grey grow out. Lockdown has made it fashionable to bare your greys and one friend also found the break in colouring led to really healthy thick hair. I don't think we realise just how damaging colouring may be to our health.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 11:10 PM

No way am I going grey. My hair is too fine & having it dyed to it's natural colour, brown, makes it thicker.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

19-07-2020, 02:39 PM

My husband and I have no need of hairdressers, I use the clippers on our hair once a week.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 06:59 PM

I haven't been to a hairdresser for over 3 years....the last time I went she cut my ear with a razor, and I came home with a plaster on my ear, that was enough to put me off, now I cut my own...and hubbys too
Emma67
New Member!
UK
Emma67 is female 

23-07-2020, 03:02 PM

My friend and I recently visited a hairdresser and were very unhappy. Maybe we got a bad master.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Emma67 ->
My friend and I recently visited a hairdresser and were very unhappy. Maybe we got a bad master.

Master? You sure he was really a hairdresser?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 12:03 PM

I have been growing my hair..been using my sons barber clippers to tidy up the back of my hair....well pleased.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 12:22 PM

After going to the hairdressers two weeks ago, my hair seems to have grown fast as I’m almost ready for another trim! 😷 💇🏼
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
After going to the hairdressers two weeks ago, my hair seems to have grown fast as I’m almost ready for another trim! 😷 💇🏼
Got anything to tell us Mags!???

Many women have changes in hair texture and growth during pregnancy. Hormones can make your hair grow faster and fall out less. ... Extra hormones can make them grow faster and become stronger.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top