Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
CindyM
New Member!
Sydney, Australia
CindyM is female 

05-09-2018, 07:30 AM

Re: Coconut oil

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Is this the same coconut oil that can be used to cook with? Have got a jar of that so may try it on my contact dermatitis too if it's the same stuff.
Yes it's the same stuff...it's great for skin. My daughter uses it on my grandson's skin too as it's really kind on skin
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by CindyM ->
Yes it's the same stuff...it's great for skin. My daughter uses it on my grandson's skin too as it's really kind on skin
Coconut oil is great for the skin since it’s antibacterial and Antifungal. It helps lubricant ate the skin without causing any bacteria or fungal issues.

It’s great for the hair because it’s one if the few oils that can penetrate into the hair cuticle. I’ve got extremely coarse dry hair and use coconut oil and or shea butter every night before bed on the ends. By morning it has absorbed in and is dry.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.prev...skin-and-hair/
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 03:16 PM

Great link there Brat, I have it bookmarked....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2018, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Coconut oil is great for the skin since it’s antibacterial and Antifungal. It helps lubricant ate the skin without causing any bacteria or fungal issues.

It’s great for the hair because it’s one if the few oils that can penetrate into the hair cuticle. I’ve got extremely coarse dry hair and use coconut oil and or shea butter every night before bed on the ends. By morning it has absorbed in and is dry.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.prev...skin-and-hair/
went in to see the doc today - young whipper snapper of no more than 29 - nice lad though - he told me my age and I replied "nah it's not that doc - when I woke this morning I was 20 yrs younger than that!

anyway back to topic - I mentioned coconut oil to him as he was prescribing betnovate for me - all he said was hmm? and that was it - they don't like stirring away from the nomenclature!!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 01:41 AM

He’s a doctor and makes a living off prescribing drugs. I wouldn’t expect him to promote/ support the use of coconut oil. No surprise to me.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
went in to see the doc today - young whipper snapper of no more than 29 - nice lad though - he told me my age and I replied "nah it's not that doc - when I woke this morning I was 20 yrs younger than that!

anyway back to topic - I mentioned coconut oil to him as he was prescribing betnovate for me - all he said was hmm? and that was it - they don't like stirring away from the nomenclature!!

What you need a doctor to tell you how old you are.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes it is good for many skin conditions my husbands psoriasis has virtually cleared up since using it and when I have a bit of contact dermatitis I just treat it with this and it clears within a day.
We put it on our dog's food to help condition his hair and paws.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
We put it on our dog's food to help condition his hair and paws.
Yes we do too but have to be careful as too much can cause pancreatitis and obesity.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 02:52 AM

I buy the coconut oil in the jar. I use it to brush my teeth. I really believe it makes them whiter.....

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top