Page 8 of 17 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Asia
Inner Mongolia, China
Asia is male 

24-11-2016, 12:15 PM

Re: BREXIT: The Facts Behind EU Propaganda

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well said Rehab!

Asia, you have expressed your beliefs but made it clear that you had no intention of pressing others to think your way. You assume that we are all influenced by the press opinions, but I can assure you that we are not, in fact I haven't read a newspaper for 20 years because I do not want any journalists to have influence on my beliefs.
I feel that your posts are saying "I know best", but attitudes like that from a new member, will never win favour with many of the intelligent posters on this forum.
As I said in an earlier post, nobody knows what the future holds, so please extend the courtesy of allowing us to do what we believe is right, rather than read your links, which are obviously just other peoples opinions!
I am a strong independent woman, who makes her own choices in life, so as I do not agree with your theories, I hope you will understand my reason for taking no further part in this thread.
Yes, not all are influenced by mass media, but 48% in the EU referendum were.

My posts are saying I know best for me and along with millions of others, we proved it by getting away from what followed.

Yes, the future is largely predictable based on past events, it’s why Labour lost so heavily at the last election. It’s why if you now say you’re now going to tie yourself into a twenty year mortgage I will tell you what will happen.

No one is forcing you to read my links; the links to cultural Marxism are my articles by the way.

No problem Twink, I never forced you to respond, you chose to do that, but as you haven’t anything to debate about what I’ve said, that’s no problem either
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 12:16 PM

Well said Rehab!

Asia, you have expressed your beliefs but made it clear that you had no intention of pressing others to think your way. You assume that we are all influenced by the press opinions, but I can assure you that we are not, in fact I haven't read a newspaper for 20 years because I do not want any journalists to have influence on my beliefs.
I feel that your posts are saying "I know best", but attitudes like that from a new member, will never win favour with many of the intelligent posters on this forum.
As I said in an earlier post, nobody knows what the future holds, so please extend the courtesy of allowing us to do what we believe is right, rather than read your links, which are obviously just other peoples opinions!
I am a strong independent woman, who makes her own choices in life, so as I do not agree with your theories, I hope you will understand my reason for taking no further part in this thread.
Sorry Twink I find the phrase intelligent posters on the forum a tad patronising.

You claim to have read no newspapers for 20 years so where does your knowledge base come from. Although I agree some newspapers are nothing more than fodder.

Asia I really feel you are not getting the full picture here as many only email each other thoughts on such subjects , preferring to keep opinions to oneself and keep out of such threads.

As Twink I am not taking part in a one sided debate.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 12:19 PM

I don't feel he is doing that in the least and that's kind of an immature stance to take TBH.

Asia is just saying "I know some stuff" and it is patently clear he does. Much like Swimfeeders knows some stuff because of the areas he has worked in.

Only an idiot would try to suppress people's views and put people down. Let the man speak. If you don't like what he posts or don't agree, either stop reading or put up plausible arguments/views of your own with the associated facts and references.

In short, play the ball, not the man.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I don't feel he is doing that in the least and that's kind of an immature stance to take TBH.

Asia is just saying "I know some stuff" and it is patently clear he does. Much like Swimfeeders knows some stuff because of the areas he has worked in.

Only an idiot would try to suppress people's views and put people down. Let the man speak. If you don't like what he posts or don't agree, either stop reading or put up plausible arguments/views of your own with the associated facts and references.

In short, play the ball, not the man.
I totally agree Realist.
I learn a lot from reading all kinds of different views on this forum.
No one should be prevented from stating an opinion.

It wasn't that long ago many on here thought Realist a fruit cake...now we know he's really quite clever
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->

Asia I really feel you are not getting the full picture here as many only email each other thoughts on such subjects , preferring to keep opinions to oneself and keep out of such threads.
Do they ?
Why on earth would they do that its a discussion forum ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 12:48 PM

I will not respond to any of the posts that were in response to mine;
A) because my post was a reply to Asia, giving my reasons for no wishing to get involved in a debate about possible forthcoming Marxism.

and
B) because I have already said that I no longer wish to take any part in this thread!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I totally agree Realist.
I learn a lot from reading all kinds of different views on this forum.
No one should be prevented from stating an opinion.

It wasn't that long ago many on here thought Realist a fruit cake...now we know he's really quite clever
Hi

Well said Ruthio.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Do they ?
Why on earth would they do that its a discussion forum ?
Exactly
Asia
Inner Mongolia, China
Asia is male 

24-11-2016, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Sorry Twink I find the phrase intelligent posters on the forum a tad patronising.

You claim to have read no newspapers for 20 years so where does your knowledge base come from. Although I agree some newspapers are nothing more than fodder.

As Twink I am not taking part in a one sided debate.
Well, I’ve put my views forward, but not had much debate, yet if people choose not to debate on the points I’ve raised, it’s entirely up to them. They can’t realistically then say I don’t agree, but not put any alternatives forward.

I put up links to articles I’ve written, no replies, but others telling me I’m wrong, or working for a foreign intelligence agency. It’s only one sided if people have nothing to debate with.
Asia
Inner Mongolia, China
Asia is male 

24-11-2016, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Wow so much angst and vitriol towards a new poster. The usual suspects making the forum as welcoming as ever !

Asia I recommend you persist with your posts. Just put the info out there and people can read or not read as they wish.

I'd be interested in your thoughts of how you think the UK will develop in the next say 3 years. Are we talking civil war or pockets of rioting and unrest or are we talking swift Islamification of the UK etc?

If people were to consider emigrating at this point what countries would be safe?
I don’t know, I think perhaps it’s just someone pointing out what many don’t know and others refuse to believe. I think I might have disturbed what’s on TV tonight?

If it were Europe, I’d say riots, but the UK? My opinion is a slow Islamification along the lines of Sweden and another EU referendum in ten years will finish it off. Before that you can choose from a sharp economic decline and living standards, or a regional conflict, possibly nuclear, involving Russia, China, or Iran. Far-fetched? Recently Russia initiated civil defence drills for millions of people, stationed nuclear capable Iskandar missiles in response to the NATO build up in the Baltics and Germany told its population to store at least a week’s supply of food and water. Not that I’m suggesting it will happen, but my wife’s plot of land in Northern Thailand is ready for its first crop planting season, if necessary.

When you look at the pre-war German Weimar Republic and the US great depression of the 30s, there is a direct correlation between the economic collapse we see now throughout the west and war. Of course, we’re all getting older, but to anyone younger I’d advise not only to get out of the UK, but away from the west. Times change and the luxuries supplied by the industrial revolution are coming to an end. The East is the new wild-west and especially for those with a university education and required skills.

I feel sad at what’s happened to the UK, but conversely, it was always going to happen. Sorry for the millions of young with no future, the elderly left stranded in a collapsing NHS when they need it most and for those stuck in the past, thinking life will go on as it was when they were young.

Page 8 of 17 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top