Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 10:17 PM

Re: Leslie Grantham has died.

Got to say I've never been keen on him for that reason ... not a murderer made good.

I remember there was a bit of a fuss at the time when he was cast as Den in Eastenders because of his criminal record.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Got to say I've never been keen on him for that reason ... not a murderer made good.

I remember there was a bit of a fuss at the time when he was cast as Den in Eastenders because of his criminal record.
I'm surprised the BBC even thought of taking him on...
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 10:21 PM

Shocked. While on national service in Osnabrück in 1966 Grantham shot and killed a taxi driver, Felix Reese, during a botched robbery. In the trial that followed, Grantham claimed he did not know the gun was loaded. He was sentenced to life imprisonment, but was released after a decade.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 12:32 AM

I only watched Eastenders in the early days, I can't stand any soaps now.
But I must say that I do remember the episode which featured just Den and Angie alone in one half hour episode which saw the two of them fighting and bickering. A a classic piece of television.
I can't fond the whole thing on YouTube unfortunately, but I reckon some of you may know which one I'm talking about.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 03:47 AM

The fact Dirty Den murdered a taxi driver was a well kept covered up fact by the BBC much the same as Jimmy Saville
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 05:25 AM

Actually I don't think he was that good an actor but he sort of was Dirty Den so not much acting needed.... wasn't there also some online webcam scandal? Can't remember now ...it's all over now for him though.

RIP Lesley
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 08:13 AM

Grantham was an unpleasant character in that awful soap, and an equally, if not worse, character in real life. The world is better off without people of his ilk!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Actually I don't think he was that good an actor but he sort of was Dirty Den so not much acting needed.... wasn't there also some online webcam scandal? Can't remember now ...it's all over now for him though.

RIP Lesley
I agree summer, he was terrible actor really but he sort of fitted in EastEnders quite nicely.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I only watched Eastenders in the early days, I can't stand any soaps now.
But I must say that I do remember the episode which featured just Den and Angie alone in one half hour episode which saw the two of them fighting and bickering. A a classic piece of television.
I can't fond the whole thing on YouTube unfortunately, but I reckon some of you may know which one I'm talking about.

This is the 'Divorce papers episode'. Worth a look just to see some of the young actors.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2018, 01:54 PM

Dead. Or is he?

Didn't he `die` in Eastenders a few years ago only to reappear some time later? Obviously couldn't get another job so slunk back to this crappy soap.

Will give him three days to see if he rises again.

Sarcasm BTW.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top