Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 09:45 AM

Who to vote for?

I thought I would be glad of an election but I'm not.
I think Boris should see things through that the Tories started, not pass the buck onto whoever takes power.
I would rather be dead in a ditch than ever vote Tory, but, my MP has been very helpful with problems I've had, he's a good guy and he doesn't deserve to lose his job.

I'm not happy with the Labour leadership, I think a new one is needed and the Lib Dems the same.

I'm not going to choose on Brexit issues.

I think Elderly care, pensions, the NHS, policing etc. are what I will decide on.
Hopefully all will become clear!

Will you focus purely on Brexit or other important matters when you decide who to vote for?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 09:55 AM

Re: Who to vote for?

The Tories are the best party to run the country. I have not forgotten that well known speech as the last labour party left power.

"WE HAVE SPENT ALL OUR COUNTRIES FINANCIAL RESERVES AND BORROWED FROM THE INTERNATIONAL BANK AS MUCH AS WE COULD. NOW THE VAULT IS EMPTY"

What kind of party does that leaving everyone to pick up the bill by having raising income tax. It has taken years to partly recover for such an overspending basta*rd political party and if they get back in power what is their motto?

SPEND SPEND SPEND putting us right back to having an empty vault yet again.

God help us they never ever get back in power

I honestly cannot see why anyone would want to vote for such rotten to the core party with such perverted ideal.

link to no money letter

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...neral-election
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=
I honestly cannot see why anyone would want to vote for such rotten to the core party with such perverted ideal.[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel about the Tories!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think Boris should see things through that the Tories started, not pass the buck onto whoever takes power.
Johnson can't do that, he doesn't have a majority in Parliament.
If he got his bill through it would be full of amendments and would bear no resemblance to the original bill.
Also any amendments could well be voted down by one side or another and things would not progress leading to more delay and more extensions.
The EU themselves can't delay indefinitely they have to set a budget and implement a new programme and they can't do this while the issue of us leaving is unresolved.

Even if the bill got through the government still doesn't have a working majority for every day government.

We can't focus on anything until the matter of our leaving the EU is resolved, it affects everything including our budget.

I will decide how to vote if and when I know there is a election. My MP has a majority of 21,000, she was I think a remain voter but has voted in support of the government on every vote and as such I think she deserves my support.

She is also a good constituency MP who is approachable.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:12 AM

Tessa

So you are quite happy for the country to be bankrupted yet again which will force you to pay more in taxes to make up the deficit. Come on open your eyes and see what the labour party actually is, a party out to ruin the country
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:28 AM

I shall vote Conservative again because they offer the best way of getting Brexit done if they can get a majority. It was down to the remoaners that Boris couldn't keep his promise to get us out - they have much to answer for and I hope they get their comeuppance in the election. Our MP is a Brexiteer and has also done a good job for her constituency so deserves to keep her job as far as I am concerned.

I have never voted either Labour nor Lib Dem and can't see myself doing so in the future - they would have to change radically to get my vote.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:33 AM

I hate the lot of 'em but I hate Corbyn and Swinson most of all. I will vote for anyone but them.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:47 AM

A hung parliament would be more delay keeping us in EU, a majority for Conservative or Labour will keep us in the EU.

We need a GE, but most of us are to be disappointed by the result.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:52 AM

I really do not see any point at all in voting for ANY political party in a general election ever again. It is clear that NONE of them have any idea on how to organise our country.

It's okay some people saying "Vote for Farage!" etc. Okay, if he gets in then what? What would he do next?
Fix the roads, the rail network, the NHS, schools, tax, pensions......No of course not. He wouldn't have the first clue on any of all that. He's a one-topic idealist.
Pointless. All of it, all of them.

Bunch of easy-life money-grabbing time-wasters.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

29-10-2019, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Tessa

So you are quite happy for the country to be bankrupted yet again which will force you to pay more in taxes to make up the deficit. Come on open your eyes and see what the labour party actually is, a party out to ruin the country
I haven't said who I will vote for yet!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top