Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 11:55 AM

Re: British Steel

Thanks for your reply Swim, I agree with that wholeheartedly.
I just wonder if it's too late to make this country a decent place to live and work after all of the asset stripping by the rich and powerful who know no borders and do not recognise any sovereignty....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That can't be right - our much loved PM has told us (when he was Treasurer) that we have a strong economy that creates jobs and reduces cost of living pressures. When he was asked how a strong economy helps hard working Australians get ahead he brought out a lump of coal, it is magical stuff it makes everything better.

It is true, why make things when you have enough valuable rocks to dig up for hundreds of years to come, and can export 65% of your food production to all you willing buyers. To be honest I rather have our economy that yours.
Good post Bruce, and I don't blame you for preferring your economy to ours...But just a word of warning......That was us once until everybody wanted a piece of the action....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good post Bruce, and I don't blame you for preferring your economy to ours...But just a word of warning......That was us once....
Not really, it was never you, your economy relied largely on stealing stuff from other people and flogging it off as your own. However, as our awful national anthem says:

We've golden soil and wealth for toil;
Our home is girt by sea;
Our land abounds in nature's gifts
Of beauty rich and rare;
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 12:03 PM

at least the workers still have jobs. who knows who owned what nowadays,even Boots the Chemist is foreign owned
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 12:12 PM

You should check out the EU General Directive, EU Public Contracts Directive, the EU Utility Contracts Directive, and the EU Defence and Security Directive.

That should give you a clue as to why so many public sector contracts are given to companies from other countries and why utilities are run by the French, airports run by the Spanish etc.

Just think how many foreign companies would benefit from Corbyns 1Trillion spending spree

I can guarantee it will be for the others, not the many and definitely not for the few
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You should check out the EU General Directive, EU Public Contracts Directive, the EU Utility Contracts Directive, and the EU Defence and Security Directive.

That should give you a clue as to why so many public sector contracts are given to companies from other countries and why utilities are run by the French, airports run by the Spanish etc.

Just think how many foreign companies would benefit from Corbyns 1Trillion spending spree

I can guarantee it will be for the others, not the many and definitely not for the few
Hi

I have minimal knowledge of your area of expertise, which Is Pharmaceuticals.

I acknowledge that.

Perhaps you should acknowledge that you have minimum expertise in other areas.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have minimal knowledge of your area of expertise, which Is Pharmaceuticals.

I acknowledge that.

Perhaps you should acknowledge that you have minimum expertise in other areas.
What am I wrong about ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
What am I wrong about ?
Hi

Life is too short to give you a list, again.

We are leaving the Single Market, your Hero Boris says that, you are denying it.

You have obviously never met him or worked for him.

If you had, you would not be calling him Boris.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 02:54 PM

We are leaving the Single Market, your Hero Boris says that, you are denying it.

No we are not leaving the Single Market or Customs Union in any meaningful sense.

From BP Website:

"During the Withdrawal Agreement’s extendable ‘transition period’ (which lasts until at least the end of 2020 and almost certainly years longer), we won’t withdraw from the EU at all but become non-voting members. We will still be trapped in the EU customs union and single market, subject to all existing EU laws and any punitive new ones they might pass (Articles 4.1, 4.2, 6, 41, 95.1, 127)"

"Boris boasts of leaving the EU customs union. Yet the Political Declaration states any future free trade agreement with the EU must ensure ‘a level playing field’ (PD, paragraph 17, 77) and ‘deep regulatory and customs cooperation’ (para 21). This means sticking to EU rules. It will be hard for the UK to reduce tariff barriers to cut the cost of living and make trade deals with other nations. The PD also requires we pursue ‘ambitious customs objectives that are in line with the Parties’ objectives and principles’ (para 22) – another restrictive EU customs union in all but name. "

This is why Boris's Deal is catastrophic for us.

It is not BrExit.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

13-11-2019, 03:21 PM

Hi

Life is too short to give you a list, again.

You have obviously never met him or worked for him.

If you had, you would not be calling him Boris.
What are you on about ? I thought this was about British Steel and government contracts etc ?

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top