Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 11:59 PM

Programs from one's youth

Does anyone remember the program "It's Patently Obvious" with Arthur Negus?

Or "Face the Music" with Joseph Cooper.

Used to love those when I was a kid.

Any long gone programs from your own youth?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 12:51 AM

Re: Programs from one's youth

Nothing as grandiose as that lot. Mine tend to be TV programmes like Space Patrol, Four Feather Falls and that sort of thing. We all used to listen to Two-Way Family Favourites with the messages from those away in the forces on Sunday followed by Beyond Our Ken and maybe the Clitheroe Kid.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 02:23 AM

My favourites are mostly Australian so you guys probably have never head of them. NO! not Skippy. I always thought that was wet even when I was a kid. Although I had a terrible crush on Clancy (Liza Goddard). Rin Tin Tin, The Bushrangers, Maverick and Wagon Train. Also any Australian surf movies. The American ones were stupid and fake.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 05:46 AM

We didn't have TV when I was growing up - Mother didn't approve!

Like Judd we listened to the radio - Billy Cotton Band show, Ray's a laugh, the dreadful Educating Archie and the Clitheroe Kid - mostly just background noise on a Sunday afternoon - but - heaven help the child who dared to speak while this was on:-

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 06:24 AM

My family didn't get a TV until I was about 16 so most of my programs are radio shows too.

I used to love Childrens Hour as a pre teen Journey into Space was my favourite I also enjoyed Eagle of the Ninth

Sunday lunch time was a treat with Navy Lark, Round the Horn and the like

Hancocks Half Hour and the Goons were wonderful listening too. Fred Hoyle's The Black Cloud was terrifying and Sunday morning The Archers Omnibus edition

In Town Tonight "Once again we stop the might roar of London's traffic...".

Life of Bliss - George Cole I think

Saturday night was the Billy Cotton Band show.

Early TV shows I remember are A for Andromeda which introduced my life long love Julie Christie, I also enjoyed the Quatermass series and the original Dr Who.

Remember Tonight with Cliff Michelmore almost essential viewing each night?

I still listen to the radio more than I watch TV
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 07:39 AM

My memories of the radio on Sunday, are as above but l also remember, ‘The Huggetts’, ‘Sing Something Simple’ and ‘Down Your Way’.
Someone in The Huggetts, ?Mr Huggett, would knock on the door with a special knock and say, ‘Ello, Ello, guess who?’
On a Tuesday evening, as a young child, my mother would let me stay up to listen to, ‘Have A Go’, with Wilfred Pickles and Mabel.... ‘Put the money on the table, Mabel’

The television programmes l liked were...

The Silver Sword
Stranger On The Shore
Fury
Lassie
Rawhide
Wagon Train
Dragnet
Dixon Of Dock Green
Hawaiian Eye....with Singer Cricket Blake
77 Sunset Strip... with Kookie Burns
Quatermass And The Pit.... but l was terrified and used to watch it from behind the chair!
It’s marvellous how a budget, simple black and white programme would scare you out of your wits, yet today they spend millions on films to have the same effect!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 08:08 AM

I remember the first programme I ever watched was Charlie Drake I don't know the name of the show but I thought it was very funny. Its funny what you remember but I recall the chap who installed the TV was very grumpy...I think we were his last call of the day.

Anyone remember Jane Nichols on Juke Box Jury she became famous with the phrase...I'll give it five. Six-five special and Ready steady go...also favourites.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 08:59 AM

yes, and from across the pond .... The Phil Silvers Show (Bilko) and Batman
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 09:38 AM

Popeye the sailor .
Used to frightened of the Umpa Wumpas .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 09:44 AM

Not Rin Tin Tin but ...

Herge's Adventures of Tintin

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top