Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 11:12 AM

Re: Programs from one's youth

Crikey. Loads of progs there, some I've heard of and some mightily obsure!!!

My old fella was a TV repairman and was also a bit of a hoarder. Thus we had TV's everywhere in the house.

On the subject of radio, used to like listening to stuff on Radio Luxembourg, but can't recall any of the names.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 11:13 AM

Just remembered another one - Harry Worth.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 12:44 PM

My first and vague memory of the box would have to be Wally Whyton singing the big ship sailed on The Alley alley oh.
Eventually moved on to Captain Scarlet, Lost in Space and Ace of Wands.

As for the radio, Junior Choice, they used to play that song by Val Doonican about a toy that made strange noises and did odd things.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 01:18 PM

Crackerjack
Thunderbirds (but only because I had the hots for Lady Penelope )
Tomorrow's World

Radio:
Beyond Our Ken
The Navy Lark
Childrens' Favourites (the only BBC radio programme at the time that played early 60s pop music)
Toffeeman55
East Yorkshire UK
Toffeeman55 is male 

07-07-2020, 01:42 PM

Being sick and of school, watching the BBC schools programmes...well before all day TV.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

07-07-2020, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Toffeeman55 ->
Being sick and of school, watching the BBC schools programmes...well before all day TV.
Happy memories of waiting for the test card to disappear! Then watching that big circular countdown clock before, eg "Experiment".

Does anyone remember staying up late to watch some Open University programs in the vague hope you might actually understand any of it?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Happy memories of waiting for the test card to disappear! Then watching that big circular countdown clock before, eg "Experiment".

Does anyone remember staying up late to watch some Open University programs in the vague hope you might actually understand any of it?
I did. Making use of the then new BBC2 channel.
Matchu
Scarborough
Matchu is male  Matchu has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Also any Australian surf movies. The American ones were stupid and fake.
Morning of the Earth obviously...that was my entire 'system manual' [poetic] during my late twenties. I still love it, while the Kiwi copy-version Children of the Sun was rather more shit

Endless Summer's okay, surely?

Early 70s Saturday Morning: Flashing Blade/Banana Splits/Tarzan - before turning over to Tiswaz...if I recall.

In love with Bagpuss to this day and also any Arthur Lowe narrations [Diary of a Nobody is on Youtube, so beautiful.]

Included - era of Mr Ben, Trumpton & Playaway. Brian Cant <3
Matchu
Scarborough
Matchu is male  Matchu has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2020, 08:12 PM

Bunking off watching 'Programmes for Schools & Colleges' and scoring 'Human Biology, part two, human reproduction...'

'Yess!'
Matchu
Scarborough

07-07-2020, 08:13 PM

Captain Scarlet and hating everything associated with Thunderbirds. Yawn.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top