Join for free
Page 111 of 1676 « First < 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 611 1111 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 10:20 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

That's easy for you to say.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 10:21 PM

Less is more.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Less is more.
This can be correct but only if the less is as a result of decent intelligence
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

15-10-2016, 10:40 PM

Less folks in Brum, fewer folks in Sutton Coldfield.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 11:00 PM

solipsism
The belief that the person holding the belief is the only real thing in the universe. All other persons and things are merely ornaments or impediments to his happiness.
Rene Descartes proved his existance by saying " I think, therefore I am."
(cogito- ergo, sum) The solipsist prefers " cogito ergo omnia sum"
-I think therefore, I am everything!
by J E Walker November 20, 2003
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 12:22 AM

Yebbut,last time I was dead,I recall thinking "Right,THIS time,I'm coming back as God-THAT'LL learn'em!"

....but I was drug back afore I was ready,so 1st thing I had to do was learn to walk again-well,that and not poo in my strides-oh and tie my laces...but,other than those thr...well,plus learning to communicate both orally and via calligraphics,both of which are of great assistance when attempting to communicate one's innermost depths of thought to the lesser gifted...yes,....er....what was I saying? Who's feet are these?-they're in my socks,damnit! ..oh,dear....y'know,the mental convolutions required to consider imponderables,delineates a total deficiency of cerebral armament.

. . . . and I've wet myself.

. . . . again . . . .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Hi Gumbud,
How come you are out in the bush? I can see in my mind a picture of you on a shaky wooden veranda, feet up, with bush hat complete with corks, shooting casually at passing wildlife.
Snakes. Possums. Wombats et al.
My uncle Joseph (Ted) lived in Perth until he was 98, having retired from the “Met” aged 50, the only man I have known to enjoy a longer retirement than actual working years. My score is 30 working years & 21 retired. I am 68, so I have to live until I am 18 years older, i.e. 86 to top that.
As I have little desire to live that long & already have DNR tattooed on my chest & bum, it seems unlikely.
As for Uncle Vivian, he’s not my real uncle, nor is Uncle Arthur who is 97 & plays dominos with nurse Gillian & myself every Saturday afternoon. Nevertheless, I hold them both in the greatest respect and affection.
Hi Gumbud,
How come you are out in the bush? I can see in my mind a picture of you on a shaky wooden veranda, feet up, with bush hat complete with corks, shooting casually at passing wildlife.
Snakes. Possums. Wombats et al.
that's it you've depicted it admirally. ! I too lived in Perth for 30 odd years - it is now a faceless, concrete jungle like all cities. I do visit it occasionally but only if pressed!

my bush is 8.5 acres with an option to increase to 10 and we have our mob of wallabies [the smaller kanga] who the dogs chase endlessly but never catch - they are much faster than a dog. Have seen the odd python or two - very odd, blue tongued lizards of course who are said to keep snakes to a minimum - I think they do the hiring and firing! flocks of parrots of course often white but sometimes multi- colored and various other tweeting things.

no shot gun unfortunately [I have too many grandchildren] not even a chainsaw!

my uncle riciardo was a real aussie bushman - left school at the age of 13. In those days they just didn't turn up one day and never went back. As soon as he could he was on the back of a horse and out on the Kimberley ranges herdin cattle. Night time camp fires and someone on watch in case the cattle were spooked by wild dogs. Strictly no drinking when roving but when they got back into town my my they had a thirst for the grog!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 02:23 AM

Iff'n y'don't mind my asking,Gummy-why such a small acreage? I ask only because I have a friend who lives just south of Berry Springs-which itself is just south of Palmerston-and his place,although not agricultural as such,is 40 acres,which is how much he decided he could manage. It has hardly any population there,so the local govt are [well,seem] happy to allot acreage according to what the land will be used for. Rob's place is just a wildlife habitat. Geckos and Lorikeets seem to be the main residents. He loves it. The last time I went to see him we all went to Darwin-and I have to say,I couldn't believe how little traffic there was. A truly beautiful city and everyone was so polite.
I can't see the attraction of Bondi and Sydney,with all the hustle,crowds,etc-or even Bondi-when Darwin is such a nice place. I mean,anywhere incorporating a 'Fannie bay' HAS to be good!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

16-10-2016, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
that's it you've depicted it admirally. ! I too lived in Perth for 30 odd years - it is now a faceless, concrete jungle like all cities. I do visit it occasionally but only if pressed!

my bush is 8.5 acres with an option to increase to 10 and we have our mob of wallabies [the smaller kanga] who the dogs chase endlessly but never catch - they are much faster than a dog. Have seen the odd python or two - very odd, blue tongued lizards of course who are said to keep snakes to a minimum - I think they do the hiring and firing! flocks of parrots of course often white but sometimes multi- colored and various other tweeting things.

no shot gun unfortunately [I have too many grandchildren] not even a chainsaw!

my uncle riciardo was a real aussie bushman - left school at the age of 13. In those days they just didn't turn up one day and never went back. As soon as he could he was on the back of a horse and out on the Kimberley ranges herdin cattle. Night time camp fires and someone on watch in case the cattle were spooked by wild dogs. Strictly no drinking when roving but when they got back into town my my they had a thirst for the grog!
4th House on the right?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Iff'n y'don't mind my asking,Gummy-why such a small acreage? I ask only because I have a friend who lives just south of Berry Springs-which itself is just south of Palmerston-and his place,although not agricultural as such,is 40 acres,which is how much he decided he could manage. It has hardly any population there,so the local govt are [well,seem] happy to allot acreage according to what the land will be used for. Rob's place is just a wildlife habitat. Geckos and Lorikeets seem to be the main residents. He loves it. The last time I went to see him we all went to Darwin-and I have to say,I couldn't believe how little traffic there was. A truly beautiful city and everyone was so polite.
I can't see the attraction of Bondi and Sydney,with all the hustle,crowds,etc-or even Bondi-when Darwin is such a nice place. I mean,anywhere incorporating a 'Fannie bay' HAS to be good!
hey mister anythung under a million acres outa these ways iz considered a hobby station - just toys for the boys.

NB: one of our mining magnets recently purchased a station that crossed three different states out here - just scrub and cattle - you'd get lost in your earth mover out there Pug and we'd probably have to send out the RFD to rescue you! - this is a big country were men think big and the sheilas keep bringin out the grub!!

Page 111 of 1676 « First < 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 611 1111 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top