Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2014, 04:56 AM

Re: Electricity Bills

I find it hard to credit that you are penalised for paying with cash.

Personally I pay most of my bills on line using Bpay because I refuse to have anything to do with direct debit. The only company that penalises me is my Internet provider who charges me $1.10 per payment for using my credit card (can't pay them by Bpay it is either DD or credit card)

I could pay all my bills by cash with no penalty (except the ISP) at the Post Office but would rather do it on line.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2014, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
OVO wanted to decrease my DD but I like to build up a good surplus going into the winter so I said leave it alone I will tell you what I pay and when .
Same happened to me but when my surplus is gone and I owe, I pay up immediately by debit card so my monthly DD stays the same.

Southern Water once tried to increase the DD by 260% AND on an ESTIMATED BILL which was HUGELY over estimated. I was furious and threw a few well chosen words at them - can't believe they'd do that!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2014, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Same happened to me but when my surplus is gone and I owe, I pay up immediately by debit card so my monthly DD stays the same.
:
I do that too Lindy I read my own meter and generate an illusory bill at the same time time so I am always in the know and up to date .
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2014, 11:29 AM

Sheesh I may consider changing when I move-Thanks Meg. I`m with N power (gas+electric) and they have recently reduced my DD-no mention of a refund or interest on the £2000 credit though.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2014, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Sheesh I may consider changing when I move-Thanks Meg. I`m with N power (gas+electric) and they have recently reduced my DD-no mention of a refund or interest on the £2000 credit though.
If I had a £2000 credit, my DD would be cancelled......or if there's a discount for paying by DD, reduce it to £0.50p per month!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2014, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I think I'll have to try them Meg, I'm with Scottish Power at the moment, £740 in credit by DD and I can't get them to refund it. They are a nightmare company and their customer services are a joke...avoid like the plague everyone.

Plantman, I'm with British Gas at the moment, dual fuel discount, and once your credit amounts to £100 it is automatically refunded now.
That is truly disgusting, and I am surprised even legal, to refuse you a refund. I wouldn't let that go, I'd be on to them daily until it was sorted!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Plantman, I'm with British Gas at the moment, dual fuel discount, and once your credit amounts to £100 it is automatically refunded now.
That is truly disgusting, and I am surprised even legal, to refuse you a refund. I wouldn't let that go, I'd be on to them daily until it was sorted!
Don't worry Mups I'm on the case and am now contacting the ombudsman to help sort it and until they give me an accurate bill and sort out the repayment I can't move suppliers, but in a perverse sort of way I'm actually enjoying the battle...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 11:08 PM

Good for you Plantman, good luck.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I'm now with Npower, changed in May and have just received a rebate of £105! I was previously with EDF and never received anything from them in more that 2 years!

I know some companies will reassess every year but I was pleasantly surprised to actually get something back
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 04:54 PM

I've just been to Uswitch and, thanks to Meg's recommendation, within five minutes changed my supplier to Ovo energy, who reckon they are £328 cheaper than Scottish Power for our current usage.

How easy was that, where would we be without the internet....

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top