Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Nedry
Earth
Nedry is male 

01-02-2018, 12:53 PM

Re: Do you pay gas and electric by direct debit?

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
All our bills are paid by direct debit.
Same here except for water and council tax
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You obviously have a completely different system in Australia
In the UK they divide the cost, of your annual expected usage, by 12 and take the same amount each month. Most people find it easier to budget this way, rather than have to pay much higher bills in the winter.
We dont have the opportunity to pay monthly, we read our meter, submit the reading and get a bill that has the latest payment date on, so we just set that date into the bank account and it is paid on that day.
We have recently had new meters installed that are supposed to read your usage and send the details to the company there are thousands of us where it is not working, so back to square one
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
We dont have the opportunity to pay monthly, we read our meter, submit the reading and get a bill that has the latest payment date on, so we just set that date into the bank account and it is paid on that day.
We have recently had new meters installed that are supposed to read your usage and send the details to the company there are thousands of us where it is not working, so back to square one
Norway, I always find that all the magnificent new systems that utility companies create end up going back to square one.
I hope your wife is mending well BTW.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Norway, I always find that all the magnificent new systems that utility companies create end up going back to square one.
I hope your wife is mending well BTW.
Yes I agree Twink, sometimes the old ways are best. If it aint broken leave it alone,
Yes she is going on slowly thanks , its going to be a long job, not much chance of trying to walk anywhere at the moment until snow goes away as she is frightened to death of falling, but she is winning. S he has two sessions of physio per week and then one of gentle water aerobics ??she can now go up and down stairs without help , so progress .
Thanks for asking .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nedry ->
Same here except for water and council tax
How do you pay for them?

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top