Join for free
Page 7 of 16 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 07:57 AM

Re: Abolition of Cash

Thanks for that Baz, it looks like I can my stash of old £20 notes under the floorboards for now....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks for that Baz, it looks like I can my stash of old £20 notes under the floorboards for now....
Me too OGF!

When taking any old style notes into the bank to change for new ones don't get caught out as I was with the old £10 and £5 notes though, you have to have an account with that bank to pay them into an account and then receive new ones in exchange. Possibly due to the money laundering laws?

It used to be that any bank would do an exchange whether or not you had an account with them but this was stopped, much to my annoyance. I reckon all banks should offer this service as they are, as far as I am concerned, agents of the Bank of England who are responsible for cash that is in society!

Of course though, we all have to be inconvenienced because of the lesser number of 'no-goods' in the world!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Me too OGF!

When taking any old style notes into the bank to change for new ones don't get caught out as I was with the old £10 and £5 notes though, you have to have an account with that bank to pay them into an account and then receive new ones in exchange. Possibly due to the money laundering laws?

It used to be that any bank would do an exchange whether or not you had an account with them but this was stopped, much to my annoyance. I reckon all banks should offer this service as they are, as far as I am concerned, agents of the Bank of England who are responsible for cash that is in society!

Of course though, we all have to be inconvenienced because of the lesser number of 'no-goods' in the world!
Good advice Baz, I probably will use my own bank when laundering.....Oooops, I mean exchanging old notes for new....
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by caspian3 ->
Hi all.. I hope you are all well

In 2020 we are moving fast towards a cashless society!

Join the push back to keep your cash : [Link removed, sorry link dropping is not allowed]
I've heard about this 'ere "cash" stuff . . . what is it again?
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

20-07-2020, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Does anyone know when the old paper ones will be taken out of circulation?
No, I don't think the decision has yet been made.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
No, I don't think the decision has yet been made.
We took some cash out of our bank branch's ATM on Saturday and it was still giving out old £20 notes.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-07-2020, 07:29 PM

Thanks Monkeypuzzle and Percy, perhaps gold is the best way to store money and keep (or even raise it's value) these days with the interest rate so bad.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 07:39 PM

What’s this cash thing you are all on about? I am Male and Married, am I entitled to it?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
What’s this cash thing you are all on about? I am Male and Married, am I entitled to it?
Not in my experience, definitely not. All the married male is supposed to do is to earn it, the female then spends it all and more!
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Not in my experience, definitely not. All the married male is supposed to do is to earn it, the female then spends it all and more!
Such a cynic...

Page 7 of 16 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top