Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

24-07-2018, 04:35 PM

Re: Scorch?

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
The leaves on the trees around my garden are going brown, as are the bushes & plants, the grass is yellow, the only still all green plants are the ones around the pond, but the brambles are thriving & already have blackberries on them, far too early.
Wow. The blackberries here have suffered and are only sporting miniscule green berries. I don't think there will be much worth picking if we don't get a good deal of rain shortly.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan2 ->
Wow. The blackberries here have suffered and are only sporting miniscule green berries. I don't think there will be much worth picking if we don't get a good deal of rain shortly.
I think things were earlier her &even with not much rain the blackberries are ripening, the pic is from my garden yesterday, I expect the birds will find them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 09:11 PM

They were saying on tonight's news that the farmers wheat harvest may not be much good this year, which will put the price of bread up, and anything else that uses flour.

Apparently those that sowed winter wheat last autumn are not so bad, as the wheat got a good hold and was well grown before the drought started. But those who sowed spring wheat early this year, are not going to get a good harvest at all.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
They were saying on tonight's news that the farmers wheat harvest may not be much good this year, which will put the price of bread up, and anything else that uses flour.

Apparently those that sowed winter wheat last autumn are not so bad, as the wheat got a good hold and was well grown before the drought started. But those who sowed spring wheat early this year, are not going to get a good harvest at all.
Farmers are already feeding Winter fodder to their animals as the grass isn't growing & is brown. They were saying they'll be short of feed when the colder weather comes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Farmers are already feeding Winter fodder to their animals as the grass isn't growing & is brown. They were saying they'll be short of feed when the colder weather comes.

They probably will be short of hay, I said the same elsewhere, so they'll have to fork out for extra bagged food which will cost.
I can see price of meat, dairy, flour products and even eggs going up this winter.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 07:46 PM

Prices will go up whatever. If it rains too much, snows too much or too much sun, prices go up.

I'm still holding out for foreign Aid.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Prices will go up whatever. If it rains too much, snows too much or too much sun, prices go up.

I'm still holding out for foreign Aid.
You'll be waiting a long time Dongles!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
You'll be waiting a long time Dongles!
I know Rhian.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 11:35 PM

Swoon!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 02:38 AM

I do hope you are all enjoying a typically aussie summer - we sent it especially as you always moan about the wet and the cold??

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top