Join for free
Dalesman2
lancashire
Dalesman2 is male  Dalesman2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2012, 11:24 AM

Osborne's Billions

140 billion given in cheap loans to the banks !

Am I the only one who thinks we have gone mad ?

How is that going to help when the only people who can access bank funds at the moment are those with big balances and good credit scores. If you don't currently have money you have no chance of getting your hands on any more.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2012, 01:29 PM

Re: Osborne's Billions

Ah but that money Osborne is lending to the banks belongs to us as taxpayers anyway (unless he has borrowed it from abroad), so borrowing from the banks could be seen as lending money to ourselves. I hope we will be able to pay it back. Crazy World we are living in.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2012, 04:12 PM

I never understood how increasing debt by lending yet more is supposed to help those already in debt...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2012, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I never understood how increasing debt by lending yet more is supposed to help those already in debt...
I think it's a great idea, all you have to do these days is borrow enough and you can get completely out of debt....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top