Join for free
Page 292 of 370 « First < 192 242 282 290 291 292 293 294 302 342 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 03:41 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

I m devastated as I am unable to do any exercise because my knee is dreadfully painful and I can't even swim as I can't do the bending leg motion.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 04:52 PM

Yes I’m still alive and kicking, though my simple mind (there’s a song there if you look closely!) hasn’t allowed me to be motivated enough over the past few weeks to do any serious exercise. In fact, please read that as NO exercise other than what I do at work, which definitely keeps my body ticking over nicely.

I have been reading all of your posts and although there are simply too many to dissect right now I’ve been quietly encouraging you all in silence from my desktop PC believe me. Those of you who have been in the wars (Lion Queen, Realspeed, Tachyon) – here’s hoping you get well soon and back to full fitness.

Saturday 18 May 2019: Upper body 2hr. 05mins.

To my training then and it’s been a fortnight since I visited the gym for my last session which was legs and a disgraceful 23 days since I last did any upper body work. I placed both my sessions together today and went for a marathon effort. Hard at first to get the blood pumping again but pump it did and the muscles duly found their memory and did their biz once more as if they’ve never been absent.

Still with the four set routine lifting very slowly to gain maximum tension and with more added ‘pause-reps’ now, the only thing I’m lacking is some energy but that will come back soon as long as I now keep it up. But I’ve been feeling good during my time away apart from some personal issues and I will always give priority to any afternoon sun being the night worker I am and spend the time outdoors instead. Here’s today’s session:

(All weights in kgs)

Arm curl, alternate right/left:

10x25, 6x35
5x45 +3, +2
12x20 +3, +3, +3

DB press, incline bench:
10x24’s, 6x28’s
5x32’s +2, +1
10x20’s +3, +3, +2

Seated row:
10x47, 6x59
5x65 +3, +3, +3
12x41 +6, +4, +4

Shoulder press:
10x60, 6x70
4x80 +2, +1
10x40 +2, +2, +1

DB concentration curl, alternate arm:

10x10, 6x15
4x18 +1, +1
8x10 +2, +2, +2
*With this exercise I really made the bicep wait in the pause position until the veins began to show then curled very slowly to pump it to the max.

Tricep extensions:
10x40, 6x60
6x80 +3, +3
15x30 +6, +6, +6

Lat pulldown, hammer bar:
10x35, 6x45
5x60 +2, +2
12x35 +3, +3, +3

Lat pulldown, underarm grip:
10x35, 6x45
5x60 +2, +1
12x35 +3, +3, +3

Smith press, flat bench, close grip:
10x40, 6x50
4x60 +1, +1
12x30 +2, +2, +2

Chest press:
10x60, 6x70
5x80 +2, +1
10x40 +3, +3, +2

Fly delt dec:
10x80, 6x95
6x110 +2, +2
12x65 +3, +3, +3

Tricep bar pulldown, front reach:
10x15, 6x20
5x25 +1, +1
10x15 +2, +2, +2
*A new one I’m adding for a while as the full reach stance pulls really well for the core muscles.

E-Z preacher curl, low pull:
10x38, 6x43
3x48 +1, +1
6x23 +2, +2, +2
*Happy to report that the biceps are still as pumped up as ever. Really made them work on the heavy set there by taking things very slow to fully contract the muscle.

DB preacher curl, alternate arm:
10x12, 6x15
4x20 +1, +1
6x10 +2, +2, +2

I left the final three exercises as it was past the two hour mark and I had to get back home.
All well and good with this type of training but with summer on the way I need to do more high reps work, so I’ll be amending things for next time.
For the legs, I have drafted out a kind of superhuman quads workout going very heavy indeed from my old bodybuilding days for either tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks for reading.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 06:01 PM

Wow, Floydy, that's where our two disciplines vary, if I didn't run for 23 days I doubt I would ever run again, or at least not without starting from scratch. Just seven days without a run produces a much reduced and lethargic output, especially at my age....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I m devastated as I am unable to do any exercise because my knee is dreadfully painful and I can't even swim as I can't do the bending leg motion.
Aawww LQ that does sound rotten, poor you
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
The day is beautiful and breezy, smack down the middle of the continental U.S. in a place that doesn't look altogether different from the Russian steppe - seemingly endless grasslands and big skies in every direction. It has its own beauty this time of year when the grasses are deep green and wildflowers look as if fairies have tossed them in handfuls in every direction.

Running here is Kansas is fantastic. The word Kansas is from a Native American language that means "People of the South Wind" - and windy it is. Fortunately, this time of year is has a marvelous cooling effect on the runner with the added benefit of almost zero humidity. After five or so miles, I have the sense that I have perspired nary a drop, unlike the soggy state I am in after a humid Florida run.

Have a great day everyone. Work hard and may you run across your "Sylvias".
One of the main things I've always loved about running are the very varied terrains it is possible to run over. From roads to moors and fell, through forest and along windswept cliff paths. Over breathtaking hills (in both of the definitions) and indeed in flat endless grasslands where the sky appears so big, and alongside raging rivers and waterfalls to babbling brooks in sheltered little valleys....

I enjoy running in all of there terrains so much so that no holiday would be complete without my running kit. As a courier my running kit would even have a place in the van for that window of opportunity after a successful delivery. On one particular occasion I had spotted a very useful climb on a return journey from Scotland. In fact it's one of the highest points on the Pennines, the range of mountains that form the backbone of Yorkshire and it's called 'Cross Fell'.

I found myself in a small car park at the base and quickly changed into my running kit. A small party of walkers had just left for the summit, I would soon run them down, and with just a camera and compass I pushed for the craggy top after first notifying my dispatcher of my position and intention. The going was good and the sun was shining, but it wasn't long before I was caught up in the mist that obliterated all but fifty yards of a boulder strewn path.

With the help of the compass I made my way carefully to the last ridge and set about trying to find the trig point that marked the summit. I wandered about for twenty minutes in the mist, but was starting to feel the cold, so after stumbling across a pile of stones (called a cairn) I posed for a photo and made my way down. I passed the small walking party about half way up after making a death defying descent.....

Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 07:07 PM

Burnt 1104 calories, scored 91/100 and "trained like an athlete". I did some heavier weights today, and handled it quite well.

Leg Curl: 90 x 30kg
Leg Extension: 90 x 25kg
Shoulder Press: 20 x 15kg, 40 x 20kg (added 5kg and more reps)
Tricep Extension: 40 x 35kg, 133 x 40kg (added 5kg and more reps)
Stomach Crunch: 150 x 50kg
Back Extension: 158 x 50kg
Hip Abduction: 125 x 35kg (added 5kg)
Pec Deck: 80 x 50kg (added 5kg)
Leg Sled: 150 x 80kg
Hip Adduction: 120 x 30kg (added 5kg)
Pull Down: 80 x 60kg (added 10kg)
Low Row: 60 x 50kg (added 5kg)
Curl: 100 x 25kg (added 5kg)
Chest Press: 80 x 50kg (added 10kg - wow!)

Tired now, so hot bath to soak the muscles, a nice cuppa and a lie-in tomorrow... bliss.

EDIT Had to add the last 3 machines manually, so to speak, as the data key didn't record ANY of the work I did. Luckily I used my phone app to take some notes. I was nearly robbed, lol!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 05:48 AM

These posts are too good to speed through with a hasty response. I've had a marathon day and will write in the morning.

Good thoughts for healing, LQ! We miss you.

Welcome back, Floydy!
Cache
East Anglia
Cache is female  Cache has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 08:18 AM

Wow, all these wonderful exercise routines are making me feel even more unfit. I posted in the other thread for inspiration (as have been recovering from a couple of injuries), but I can't go running and that's what I enjoy best.
I think I'll get out in the garden today, as that's at least some form of exercise. I'll keep looking in for some sort of inspiration.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:51 AM

Tachyon - You're doing astoundingly well bud. More and more reps which is obviously your particular training style of enjoyment. It's your obvious forte and you should keep this going. Great also that you are adding more weight too but just a tip if I may...
You know when you come to the end of a set - why not try and then carry on with about 5 very slow reps? This actually "seals" the muscle in place and builds strength more effectively than banging out millions of lighter reps. Give it a go if you get chance, it's a winner (see a typical current routine of mine for examples). No nitpicking from me though, you're really on a winning streak!

Bob - I would love to do that kind of running, those pics are great and to be out there in the wild must be wholly satisfying.
I know a relation of my mate's who does a lot of fell running and he's the same age as yourself, if not even older. He thinks nothing of going out and running 25 miles or so even now. You guys are amazing athletes and I tip my hat to you

Suzie - Awaiting your write-up as always and to find out about those beautiful areas in which you are running today and what you can observe along the way.
Thanks for the welcome back btw

Lion Queen - It's a setback and for any of us who suffers an injury it's devastating, but it's temporary. Your knee will repair itself and you'll soon be back to doing what you enjoy. Believe me.

And Cache - Welcome to our thread of torture, exhaustion and madness!! You don't have to offer a "daily Routine" as the title says, it's just basically a chinwagging area for us crazies to show the world how we are holding back the years lol. I'm sure your feet will heal very quickly being the young spring chick that you are and you can add some posts of your own we will be truly envious of. Meanwhile get stuck into that digging and weeding - great for cardio and keeping the bingo wings firm and taut!

I'll be doing a very intensive legs session soon and report back later with my write-up, if I survive it!

Have a nice but energetic day all
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-05-2019, 11:49 AM

Thanks Floydy, appreciate the support, had it not been for the dodgy ticker and family threats I would probably doing a bit more distance and fell work.....But 'hey ho' I'm still out there and keeping myself honest....

I managed to work my way around eight miles this morning but I must admit I never really got into the zone. I began to overheat at six miles - It seemed a bit cool when I set off, 10*C, so I wore my thin fleece but by the time I got home it had soared to 17*C - But the time was faster than I had been running on that course this year, so I might have pushed a bit too hard.

The church clock in the little village that I run through is getting obscured by the leaves on the trees now so I can't see the time, but who cares... and the rooks are making such a racket as I pass, and it was nice to hear the first Cuckoo of the year. I'm never too tired to enjoy nature.....

Page 292 of 370 « First < 192 242 282 290 291 292 293 294 302 342 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top