Join for free
Page 294 of 370 « First < 194 244 284 292 293 294 295 296 304 344 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 04:22 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Your accomplishments are phenomenal , OGF - good enough for a book . So, what happens as you start getting older and you know there will be the day that will be your last run? You enjoy every step you have out there now , even though your heart, mind, and legs seem to work against you. You are out there, which, if you think about it, isn’t just work,a pleasure, or whatever you want to call it - it’s a privilege. You have been blessed with a physique made for running, and even if you are pacing 15 minute miles, what a thing it is to be in the great outdoors - in your neighborhood, in a bluebell-lined trail, feeling the rain on your face! Exploring the maps and finding new places to run, or even choosing left instead of right along your path, can inspire one too. Remember OGF, you don’t run….you GET to run. Lucky you, lucky us .

Do each of us treat losing our favorite fitness activity with looming dread, or we treat it like a transition that will afford us a new opportunity? Why not choose the latter!

I am already reading and dreaming about cycling trips in various beautiful places close by and around the world. I am not talking about head down, full bore, cycling, but the kind that might take one cruising along a lake, one historic spot to another, or through the villages in southern France. It all sounds freeing and relaxing - and it’s fun to peruse the bike catalogs every now and then. Sure, I might not even be able to cycle, and certainly each of us has our own idea of fun (just look at the diverse and interesting things the forum does), but it’s something to look forward to - which is everything. The world awaits...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Aawww LQ that does sound rotten, poor you
Thank you, I needed that hug, it is rotten, I'm off to docs to be referred to hospital tomorrow I think my knee is buggered

Sorry for being off topic, i'll shut up now
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
These posts are too good to speed through with a hasty response. I've had a marathon day and will write in the morning.

Good thoughts for healing, LQ! We miss you.

Welcome back, Floydy!
Thanks SM
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Your accomplishments are phenomenal , OGF - good enough for a book . So, what happens as you start getting older and you know there will be the day that will be your last run? You enjoy every step you have out there now , even though your heart, mind, and legs seem to work against you. You are out there, which, if you think about it, isn’t just work,a pleasure, or whatever you want to call it - it’s a privilege. You have been blessed with a physique made for running, and even if you are pacing 15 minute miles, what a thing it is to be in the great outdoors - in your neighborhood, in a bluebell-lined trail, feeling the rain on your face! Exploring the maps and finding new places to run, or even choosing left instead of right along your path, can inspire one too. Remember OGF, you don’t run….you GET to run. Lucky you, lucky us .

Do each of us treat losing our favorite fitness activity with looming dread, or we treat it like a transition that will afford us a new opportunity? Why not choose the latter!

I am already reading and dreaming about cycling trips in various beautiful places close by and around the world. I am not talking about head down, full bore, cycling, but the kind that might take one cruising along a lake, one historic spot to another, or through the villages in southern France. It all sounds freeing and relaxing - and it’s fun to peruse the bike catalogs every now and then. Sure, I might not even be able to cycle, and certainly each of us has our own idea of fun (just look at the diverse and interesting things the forum does), but it’s something to look forward to - which is everything. The world awaits...
Awesome post Surfermom, and yes! That has certainly done the trick....Watch out for a superhuman (or at least a superfoxy) time on tomorrows run....

But if I don't run a world record time it won't matter, just the thought of contributing to my outdoor account will be enough for me....

And cycling for pleasure sounds like my kind holiday Surfermom....
My bicycle is in the loft ready and waiting to transport me around some of the long forgotten byways of Britain.....John o' Groats to Lands End is more realistic by bike.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:41 AM

A decent five mile run completed early doors this morning.....
Now off to Chatsworth House to celebrate Granddaughter number one's 22nd birthday.....Don't ask me......I don't know why she wanted to go to Chatsworth House.....
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 04:35 PM

Strange day at the gym, as the staff were moving machines around because some new machines are arriving in a couple of weeks. Three of my regular machines were unplugged so the data key couldn't record anything, but I did my workouts on them anyway.

Two other machines had been removed altogether as they are getting replaced when the new machines arrive. As such it's not worth listing the workout as half of what I did would be missing. I didn't bother with a manual count of reps - couldn't be bothered - but I did have a go on one of the exercise bikes for the first time. It really helped loosen up the thigh muscles, so I'll add that to my regular workout in future. Hopefully Thursday will see the gym back to normal. Well, they say a change is as good as a rest.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 04:44 PM

Tachyon, that had to be a bit of a frustration. Most people would have left, but you worked out anyway. That says a lot about you!

Five here too, OGF! Felt great but I am a long way in being where I want to be.

I know exactly why your granddaughter wants to go to Chatsworth House: Pride and Prejudice. . That whole generation (as well as their mothers) are still swooning over Mr. Darcy. Happy birthday to your lovely girl!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-05-2019, 10:11 PM

Good on yer Tachyon, sometimes it's necessary to improvise to get the training done....
And well done on your five Surfermom, of course you are right about 'Pride and Prejudice' How silly of me.......

We even bumped into the handsome Mr D'arcy.....
I bet you didn't realise he used to be a runner.....

I just hate hanging around while Mrs Fox does the shops.....
It's a good job it was nice weather so I could strip off and grab some rays.....

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

22-05-2019, 04:44 PM

All of these images are blurring together... Darcy, OGF, bare-chested classical forms...just goes to show what fitness does for one .

I find myself back at home in Florida today having fought the deluges and floods of the midwest. The sun, humidity, and temperatures are all high enough to be intimidating, but nothing is going to stop me today - even the deer flies. Though I am setting my sights for five through an oak and pine forest to work though some soreness, I might just leave the GPS watch at home and just go.

Back later!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 09:55 PM

Goodness Surfer, you're a force to be reckoned with!!
Not to mention Foxy in his birthday suit

I can only boast that today I walked 3 miles with my walking group this morning, and then this afternoon I walked into the city to do some shopping errands, and back home again, and according to my trusty pedometer that was another 3 miles round trip.
I shall sleep well tonight!

Page 294 of 370 « First < 194 244 284 292 293 294 295 296 304 344 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top