Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 02:38 PM

Re: Close-ups

Originally Posted by mart ->
It's one of these Gasman, except I manged to find one that had an even higher magnification at 1600x. Not sure that is necessary though. It took weeks to come from China.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microscope-.../dp/B074N3PR9P
I have ordered one off eBay.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 03:59 PM

Also, although the default opening resolution is 1920 x 1080, pictures look far better if a lower resolution is chosen (makes the photo smaller). The ones shown here were taken at 640 x 480, plenty big enough for forum display.
To add further, although the software default 1920 x 1080, the camera resolution itself is just 640 x 480, which is why pictures look better with the software set to that. I should have realised this ..but it's all new and I'm still getting used to it.

Here's a hair on a mouse mat. The hair is white because it was freshly washed this morning ..

gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 11:11 PM

It's one of these Gasman, except I manged to find one that had an even higher magnification at 1600x. Not sure that is necessary though. It took weeks to come from China.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microscope-.../dp/B074N3PR9P
Thanks mart
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 07:43 AM

There are a few UK sellers on eBay. That’s where I ordered mine from. Should be here any day now. P.S. check to confirm that they are in the UK.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

13-08-2020, 02:03 PM

I have just received my one. Just 3 days from order to delivery.
Now got to work out how to set it up with my iPad..
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 02:37 PM

What a phenomenal way to see the world! I am ever amazed.

Beautiful results, Mart, and I thank you for the share. I think I know what I want for my birthday .

Share more, please!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

13-08-2020, 04:43 PM

Oh yes it looks wonderful. Well I feel sure it would be if I could get it loaded on to my laptop.
It obviously is not seen by my iPad and I have the connectors, so I have been trying my Asus laptop.
I must be doing something wrong as just can’t get it to be seen, I have downloaded the software from the CD. But cannot get it to see the microscope orrun.
Frustrated from Chingford.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 06:50 PM

I haven't tried installing the camera on anything but Windows 10. It was necessary to use the software downloaded from the camera's website, rather than use the installation disk it came with. There may be a way to get the disk to work but I couldn't find it.

The download from the site comes as a zip file and when the files are extracted, run the .exe.

When the software is installed, plug the camera in and open the program. It's necessary to select the camera and resolution every time the program is opened. I've often thought it wasn't working but what's happening is that the magnification is so high that the image looks like a blank screen. Move the camera around and increase/decrease the resolution. Movement in the blank window shows that the camera is actually working but not focused on anything. Open the program with the camera plugged in and follow the diagram..

Edit: One more thing: If the camera is exactly the same as mine, it has a clear cover over the lens end. I was quite disappointed with the results until I took it off.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

13-08-2020, 07:27 PM

A USB-3 connector. You know, that little one that charges up a phone or tablet and it doesn't matter which way round it goes ..

Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

13-08-2020, 07:51 PM

Thanks Mart.
I finally got it to work with the the cd. Did some test pics. Yes I also forgot about the cap. I can’t find where the saved photos are.
I shall play With. It more tomorrow.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top