Join for free
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 09:40 PM

Yahoo...........

I'm flummoxed by this.

I have Yahoo as my home page and all was well until a couple of days ago.

When I press on one of the slider thingies under the main page, I'm just directed to the page on view - I can't access any of the 'stories'.

I can access the bar which says 'News' at the side - no problem. Neither do I have a problem with accessing other websites.

So, any ideas please? I've tried system restore and that did zilch! Back to the same old problem.

Gwyn
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 10:26 PM

Re: Yahoo...........

Hi Gwyn
I don't know what the problem is I don't have Yahoo, can't stand the clutter

Try Googling Yahoo UK and it will take you to a list which includes 'make Yahoo your hompage' and that will take you through the steps to reinstall Yahoo .
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2014, 08:40 AM

When I open my Yahoo account and choose a news item from the slidebar underneath the main picture, it just re-directs me to the original picture.

All's well on other sites and I can open my Yahoo mail, so what on earth has caused this?

Any solutions would be much appreciated.

Gwyn
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2014, 08:41 AM

Yahoo was down last night it just showed a maintenance page perhaps they are still having problems.
AliceB
Cheshire

21-03-2014, 08:51 AM

This is so annoying, Julie. I've had this problem for nearly a week - I just hoped it would go away. I do wish they'd stop making 'improvements' !!

Gwyn
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2014, 08:54 AM

I thought I read somewhere that Yahoo had been hacked for information so maybe they are having to update their information security before it happens again?
Don't use it myself but hope you are soon OK on it.
AliceB
Cheshire

22-03-2014, 01:56 PM

Yay - at long last, I can flick on to the news stories from the opening page! I had a look on-line and there were several complaints about the same thing.

Anyway, all sorted now.........

Gwyn

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top