Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 07:56 PM

A Day Out in London

I thought I would bore you all with some pics taken in London yesterday. Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take photos inside the Houses of Parliament.......

Big Ben ...... did you hear the 1 o' clock chime?

Looking across Westminster Bridge......

View across the road on Westminster Bridge, the street vendor spoils the view but I suppose he has to make a living....

Westminster Abbey.....

The Sovereign's entrance to the Houses of Parliament when she performs the State opening of Parliament.....

Looking above the Sovereign's Entrance......

Richard I .....

Oliver Cromwell.....

Winston Churchill....

King George V.......

Burghurs of Calais......

London Eye.....

Calypso beat to keep the waiting London Eye queues entertained.....

Bird's Eye View.....

Cruising down the Thames ......
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 08:04 PM

Re: A Day Out in London

Did you go on the Eye, Mags?
I never have but would really like to. Trouble is, you need a nice day. It wouldn't be much fun in the rain.
Lovely pics though
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 08:15 PM

We went on the Eye during our visit to London last year DM ...... it was a great experience. Each capsule holds 25 people and it's still quite roomy. The views from the top of the wheel are fantastic, you are able to see miles and miles across London on a clear day.

Edited to say my pics of the wheel trip last year are on Catsey
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 11:37 PM

Wow! Lovely pictures Thanks for sharing them with us x
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 11:50 PM

Brilliant pictures Mags, very interesting...To think I was born on the south east coast of England and never really been to London!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

23-08-2009, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lou ->
Wow! Lovely pictures Thanks for sharing them with us x
Thanks Lou

Originally Posted by Moli ->
Brilliant pictures Mags, very interesting...To think I was born on the south east coast of England and never really been to London!!
Thanks Moli

That's often the way when you have something practically on your doorstep, isn't it?!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 12:24 AM

Great shots Mags - glad you had a good time!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 11:23 AM

They are such lovely buildings, I haven't been to London for years, I used to go quite often with daughter and a host of her friends.

It looks like you had a good day and the weather was kind to you.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2009, 08:54 PM

Lovely photo's Mags I would love to go on the Eye but this is another thing Hubby won't do is cities...
Sue
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

25-08-2009, 08:59 PM

Thanks Sue!

What a shame your hubby won't do cities, there are so many different things to see and do in London.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top