Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2014, 12:01 AM

Re: A Day Out in London

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I could have had my own personal guide ..... except Jazzi joined the forum last year and our trip was in 2009!
Whoops ... silly me ! I thought it was a recent trip
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2014, 04:09 AM

Been to London twice, got stuck in a traffic jam at rush hour first time, then a coach trip did the sight seeing bit, Buck palace looked a tad smaller than i expected as did Trafalaga Sq. Popped round to Downing street, hoping for a cuppa, but the PM and Queen were not ower friendly prefering to hide behind the curtains and keek out.

Did enjoy mooching round the record shops, especially round Notting Hill, sparred wide of the Jellied eels mind.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2014, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Whoops ... silly me ! I thought it was a recent trip
I first of all thought they were recent!

Any time anybody is coming to London, I would be more than happy to meet up and act as guide. I am at the northern end of the Victoria Line tube and am in and out of London all the time! Though I hate the busy-ness and over crowding of my home town, I do feel proud to be London born and bred, and that I have the ability and time to visit whenever I so wish, and at no extra expense!

I was up there only a few weeks ago, trying out the Woolwich free ferry, simply because I'd never been on it and wanted to tick it off my to-do list. Caught a bus on the other side, picked up a DLR and back to the City, and an overground train home. Great fun.

I do it cos I can!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top