Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 08:10 AM

Re: 2020 holiday booked

Hi

Good for you.

I have a different approach, book last minute and do not do cruising or organised trips.

Cruising is not for me, so much water and so little fishing.

I like to get there and go off the beaten track.

That is just me, nothing wrong with your plans.

As soon as I can get there, Guy and myself will be out clearing mines in rural areas.

Just our thing, living with the locals and doing good.

Amazing food and fishing as well.

Happy days
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 08:26 AM

I used to book last minute but now with air fares what they are they get more expensive by the minute to Australia I wanted to make a decision on this ..
I have never been on a cruise .
Many years in the Carribean seeing ginormous cruise ships disgorging tourists has put me off .
Buy a European one does sound interesting .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2019, 09:30 AM

Like everything else until one tries it etc. I used to absolutely hate the idea of being stuck on a cruise ship, believe me I was the most anti person on this planet.
What swayed me was the thought of seeing other countries without having to worry about travelling and the cost.

OOPs have to say I was really worried ,not being able to swim as well, so did the River Nile. Well at least we would be close to the shore.

That got me hooked. I cannot think of any other holiday where you get so much for the price. There is the cabin, and they are large with views that change every day. there also is the 24 hour food service let alone more entertainment than you can see in one day, and it is all included.

This next one includes trips out as well against having to book individual ones which makes a change.

Not only that but duty free thrown in, but the savings are not that great, one can get on the internet cheaper.

Can't really see this being done in a hotel, it was a hoot watching them

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top