Join for free
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 09:19 PM

Proud to be English

I don't think we shout enough about how great it is to be in the UK. Go anywhere in the UK and you find local customs abound let alone dialects and local food.
I have found if you are in somewhere unfamiliar a local will put themselves out to help. We have the ability to laugh at ourselves and welcome those from abroad will to add to our culture.
Yes the UK is a fantastic place to live. We have more history than a lot of countries going back hundreds of years and still have our own monachy.
We are an island race independant to choose for ourselves our government and freedom of speech.
We have and still make mistakes, but that is down to us not by the unelected . We have a fantastic National Health service (they saved my life)

So lets here more about how great it is to live in the UK
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 09:26 PM

Re: Proud to be English

Nice post and so right

But will also included the Welsh and the Scots.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 09:36 PM

That's what I was thinking galty. If you are extolling the advantages of living in the UK surely the title of the thread should be 'Proud to be British'
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 09:39 PM

read the first line infact it is all about the UK. Just so happens I feel about who I am
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 09:41 PM

No the title of the thread is proud to be English that is what the Realspeed requested we should abide by that request unless he wants to change it and only he can do that.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 09:43 PM

Well i am proud to be English not proud to be british stuff Britain.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

15-06-2020, 09:44 PM

Never been to Wales but had a fantastic welcome in Scotland and Northern Ireland which is why I posted mainly about the UK.
British TOO vague don't like the term
my ancestory can be traced back to Wales and Cornwall with big gaps in the family history but in Cornwall back to 1000 ad where the family crest was found on a grave attatched to an old priory.
The Wales connection dates back to the 7 little kingdoms in North Wales hundreds of years ago. The family crest has 2 rampart lions supporting the crest and only royalty is allowed

I have celtic blood runing through my veins and fiercely proud of now being ENGLISH
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Well I am a proud Scot and also proud to be British. I was maybe being a little prickly in my previous post
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
That's how are enemies divided us and are great land
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2020, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I don't think we shout enough about how great it is to be in the UK. Go anywhere in the UK and you find local customs abound let alone dialects and local food.
I have found if you are in somewhere unfamiliar a local will put themselves out to help. We have the ability to laugh at ourselves and welcome those from abroad will to add to our culture.
Yes the UK is a fantastic place to live. We have more history than a lot of countries going back hundreds of years and still have our own monachy.
We are an island race independant to choose for ourselves our government and freedom of speech.
We have and still make mistakes, but that is down to us not by the unelected . We have a fantastic National Health service (they saved my life)

So lets here more about how great it is to live in the UK
I'm not English.................

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top