Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 04:53 PM

Re: Google Chrome wouldn't connect

Originally Posted by mart ->
'Reset' is one of the good things that popular browsers have included in recent years. Often a good cure-all.

I'm trying Edge as the default browser. I actually don't mind the Bing home page. It highlights a lot of UK news.

I set up Startpage as the default search engine and was at pleased to see that it didn't immediately revert back to Bing. Fine for a good few days. However, I just opened Edge and the default search engine had gone back to Bing and the Startpage search engine extension had been disabled.

I've put that right and will give it another chance. As said, Edge works OK but if MS want people to adopt it, they really need to stop doing that sort of thing.
If MS want to adopt many of their things, they need to give the user - the customer, the person who pays - more of a choice.

I suppose, knowing that Windows is the most used OS, they probably think that they are above reproach and can dictate to everyone.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 05:18 PM

I only minded the search engine changing back to Bing. I'm sure I didn't do that. However, it is possible to use a different browser entirely on the OS, so not that much control by MS really.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I only minded the search engine changing back to Bing. I'm sure I didn't do that. However, it is possible to use a different browser entirely on the OS, so not that much control by MS really.
No, I mean in general. Of course, I don't use MS search engines.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top