Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 11:45 AM

Re: Animals and their uses

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Say what?
You’ve seen her?
Well no, but I can fantasize can't I?

https://www.lamag.com/culturefiles/e...s-of-the-dark/
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I, for one, have no problem consuming animal meat nor using the hides of animals. To me, being forced to become a vegetarian, would be a fate worse than death. I, personally, consume aprox 7 kilos of meat each month.

For at least the last 6 million years, the ancestors of human have eaten meat and used their furs and hides as protection from the elements. We can go back millions of years and we find overwhelming evidence that our ancestors used stone tools to butcher animals. According to Jane Goodall, even our closest relatives, the chimpanzees, catch, kill and eat monkeys. It has been said that the high calorie protein from meat, is what sparked the human brain into growing to its present day size.

That being said, I have zero interest in hunting. To me, hunting is not a sport. What sport is there in killing an animal with a high-powered rifle and a telescopic sight ? If I was seriously hungry, however, I'd do so, in a heartbeat.

I do definitely draw the line at using any part of an endangered species.

As far as using living animals goes, I have absolutely no problem using animals for riding (horses, donkeys, elephants etc) or in using animals as labor saving tools; Bullocks as beasts of burden in pulling a plow or Huskies in pulling a sled. In fact Huskies truly love to pull sleds. They are extremely excited and happy when it is time to go to work.

There, I've put my 2 cents worth in. Don't expect me to defend my position.
I'm glad to hear that. I despise people who think it's ok to go killing our lions, tigers, elephants etc.

I am the lion queen and if I knew someone who killed one of them it would be 'orf with your head'
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
And what good works have you done in your life one wonders?

I don't crave attention, that is for sure.
Oh come off it ... I kind of like you Tara, a bit perversely I admit, like one is mesmerised by watching an oncoming car crash in slow motion .... but over the years you've boasted you've had art work exhibited in galleries, appeared on radio programmes, have had politicians come around to tea to see your father who was some kind of minor official dignitary on your home island... had ghost hunters and the press come to interview you and your ghosts at your old house .... have an illustrious ancestor who changed the course of British history......

We prefer the real Tara ... who just comes on here to wind up who she can with her blunt pronouncements and to give herself a chuckle. You'd be lost and lonely without forums, go on admit it.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Since humans have apparently been utilising animals ever since they emerged from the primordial soup, then this appears to justify capturing said fly, enslaving it and using it for whatever purpose you deem of value.

In short, the op has managed to justify slavery by her own beliefs.
Flies do have a value - they lay eggs on rancid meat. These eggs develop into maggots which are then sold to us anglers to use as bait. See, told you they had a value!

I wonder if Monkeypuzzle is in any way related to Solasch who is another that makes big pronouncements, argues the toss, etc and swerves questions if the answers go against him?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Flies do have a value - they lay eggs on rancid meat. These eggs develop into maggots which are then sold to us anglers to use as bait. See, told you they had a value!

I wonder if Monkeypuzzle is in any way related to Solasch who is another that makes big pronouncements, argues the toss, etc and swerves questions if the answers go against him?

Long lost sister?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by mups ->
long lost sister?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Oh come off it ... I kind of like you Tara, a bit perversely I admit, like one is mesmerised by watching an oncoming car crash in slow motion .... but over the years you've boasted you've had art work exhibited in galleries, appeared on radio programmes, have had politicians come around to tea to see your father who was some kind of minor official dignitary on your home island... had ghost hunters and the press come to interview you and your ghosts at your old house .... have an illustrious ancestor who changed the course of British history......

We prefer the real Tara ... who just comes on here to wind up who she can with her blunt pronouncements and to give herself a chuckle. You'd be lost and lonely without forums, go on admit it.

Good post Morty.

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top