Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 01:05 PM

Windows 10 - PrivaZer Scans Unrequested Drive

A few weeks ago, I thought I noticed PrivaZer scanning and cleaning one of my PC external hard drives (I) while I was running a Scan and Clean on Drive C only. After another occurrence I reported my experience to Goversoft, who suggested that I check my settings.

Well, I checked my settings and nothing needed changing so I carried on with my scanning schedule which was uneventful until yesterday when another of my external hard drives (G) appeared to be scanned and cleaned - this time I acquired a couple of screencaps, which I sent to Goversoft.

Today, a support representative contacted me and set up a Teamviewer session to perform a test run of Privazer - the test confirmed my reports so he ran a test on his own PC and obtained a similar unrequested drive scan.

If any user of PrivaZer experiences a similar "manifestation" then I suggest that they report it to assist in Goversoft's investigations.

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 02:32 PM

Re: Windows 10 - PrivaZer Scans Unrequested Drive

I haven't noticed that happening. That's not to say it isn't and I'll look out for it the next time when scanning the computer that has two drives in it.

I don't normally leave the external drive attached all the time but I will plug it in for the next scan to see if it happens here as well.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 03:27 PM

Goversoft have got back to me - they say:

It seems that Disk cleanup is calculating for all drives the space that can be saved but does not remove anything except on C:
I'll still keep an eye on Privazer, though .....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2020, 04:13 PM

Thanks Omah - Although PrivaZer isn't removing anything, there could be an update that stops it even scanning now the anomaly (?) has been pointed out.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top