Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 01:08 PM

Re: Anti chance

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
People speak of luck as if it's a commodity and that there is a finite amount.
Surely there is no such thing? It can't be measured, counted or weighed.
So isn't 'bad luck' just an error of judgement ?
You take a risk and lose gas nothing to do with luck, it's a bad judgement call

I don't think it can always be 'an error of judgement' Rehab, though more often than not it is.

Not all accidents are bad judgement surely.
What if you are driving fast and some one crashes in to your car? That would be an unforseen event - not bad judgement wouldn't it?
And what if you were jumping out of a plane, parachute OK,
floating down minding your own business - and you got struck by lightening? How is that 'an error of judgement'?

Can't think of any more at the moment.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't think it can always be 'an error of judgement' Rehab, though more often than not it is.

Not all accidents are bad judgement surely.
What if you are driving fast and some one crashes in to your car? That would be an unforseen event - not bad judgement wouldn't it?
And what if you were jumping out of a plane, parachute OK,
floating down minding your own business - and you got struck by lightening? How is that 'an error of judgement'?

Can't think of any more at the moment.
Mups that would be an "Act of God".... at least that is what the life insurance company would call it
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 03:07 PM

Cass, but that's you!
Some people are just happy for the quiet life and don't need to take risks to get thrills!
It doesn't mean that they are not fulfilled or have failed.

Im not saying that everyone has to be a thrill seeker but people shouldnt knock it just as a quiet life isnt always a wasted one a fast short life isnt either. I dont believe in god or reincarnation I believe we get one go at this ...one chance one life so best to enjoy it dong whatever you want rather than conforming and dying of boredom.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top