Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 02:46 AM

Re: Another fine example !

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Well, considering the person behind her has their feet resting on the seat beside them, ALSO taking up two seats...
Methinks there is much ado about nothing, and that there were obviously plenty of seats.

I'm all for dogs with their own seat tickets. I'd much rather sit next to one than most people - that person with her shoes on the seat for starters.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Lots of people are reporting dogs on seats since this incident..
And now Police are following up some leads!........
Dear heavens, someone please take his microphone.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 09:54 AM

Taking the train to a special function in my sunday best suit......I quite like dog hairs all over me trousers it makes me look more rustic....
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I really don't see a problem with that. She has to pay for the dog to go on the train anyway. As I haven't been on a train for years I couldn't care less.
You do not have to pay to take a dog on a train .

<<<<Train rules:
You can bring up to two dogs on the train without charge, as long as the following rules are also obeyed:
Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times, unless sat in a carrier.
Dogs must not sit on the train seat and doing so could result in you being charged.
Do not take your dog into the restaurant carriage. The only exception is if they are an assistance dog for the blind or deaf.
Train staff are authorized to remove dogs from the train if their size or behaviour is, or is likely to cause, an inconvenience or danger to other customers.
If another customer objects to your dog’s presence on the train, you are obliged to move it to another area, alternatively dogs that are muzzled and fitted with a collar and chain or placed in a carrier can be put in the luggage or guard’s compartment.>>>>

Hygeine ? Animal bums and feet on seats humans have to sit on ?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 01:17 PM

They changed the rules then, you used to have to pay for dogs on trains & buses, as I said, it's been years since I went on a train.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
You do not have to pay to take a dog on a train .

<<<<Train rules:
You can bring up to two dogs on the train without charge, as long as the following rules are also obeyed:
Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times, unless sat in a carrier.
Dogs must not sit on the train seat and doing so could result in you being charged.
Do not take your dog into the restaurant carriage. The only exception is if they are an assistance dog for the blind or deaf.
Train staff are authorized to remove dogs from the train if their size or behaviour is, or is likely to cause, an inconvenience or danger to other customers.
If another customer objects to your dog’s presence on the train, you are obliged to move it to another area, alternatively dogs that are muzzled and fitted with a collar and chain or placed in a carrier can be put in the luggage or guard’s compartment.>>>>

Hygeine ? Animal bums and feet on seats humans have to sit on ?
Several years ago, I used to travel twice weekly on an intercity train with my dog. I always tried to get an 'airline' seat, as then she could lie down under the seat in front, and I could hitch her lead to the pull-down tray thing in front of me.

That was much better than a seat by the table, as the person opposite me would end up kicking the dog! Not their fault, just not enough leg space!

Anyway, hitching the lead to the tray meant that if I went to the the loo, she would stay put.
Once when I needed to leave her, for that reason, I told the person next to me that the dog was tied up and wouldn't be a bother while I was gone, and he actually said that he'd had no idea there was a dog there!

Another time, I got on, and sat down in an aisle seat, and someone across the aisle asked me to move, as she had an allergy to dogs, so I did.

I would never, ever have dreamt of letting my dog onto the seat, whether the train was half-empty or not. She was not allowed on the chairs at home either.

I did do the journeys a few times with two dogs, but that was a bit stressful, I must admit.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 04:25 PM

Pyxell , you behaved exactly the way I used to travelling on trains with my dog .
The lady in question I suspect is one who allows her whippet to sit on furniture at home .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 09:23 PM

I have 2 dogs,I would not allow them to sit on any public transport seats.

They are not aloud on my furniture.

They have their own single bed...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 09:32 PM

It is not a problem, taking a Whippet on a Greyhound.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
it is not a problem, taking a whippet on a greyhound.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top