Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 08:49 AM

Re: My Dad has cancer and my Mum is forgetful

Really sorry to hear that your father has passed away.
I would also suggested grief counselling , you barely had time to get to grips with his diagnoses and now your are having to deal with his death soon very soon.

As others have said be gentle with yourself and dont try to 'be brave 'or strong just be yourself and take the time you need.
Your mum may take a while for things to really sink in so it might be worth talking to the doctor to see if there is any help ready for her as and when she does need it.

Once again my condolences..
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:02 AM

My condolences. It is so hard losing people we love. I hope that as time passes you will all find things easier to bear.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 08:53 PM

First I am so sorry to hear your news.Do not give up hope,a lot is being done with Cancer ,Im surprised if they send your Dad home with no treatment,they usually try something.Most important look after yourself,as said try to find out more from your Dads medical team, will he let you go with him to see his consultant ?Speak to your own Dr he/she may be able to offer some advice ,and should be made aware of the stress you are under
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 10:02 PM

So sorry for your loss, Elbee. Lots of good advice from members here.
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 05:32 AM

The funeral is today.
I believe around 40 or 50 are coming which demonstrates how much he touched so many lives.

At the end of the service, if every has cried and everyone has laughed, I think my Dad will have had the funeral send off he would have wanted. It is the last thing I can do for him now.

Mum is bearing up really well. I need to see my doctor on Friday and have to leave her on her own for 24 hours.
I hope she can remember I AM coming back.

My brother and his family are going away on
holiday on Friday for 14 days, hence the rushed funeral.

I've looked into counselling and to be honest it doesn't offer anything I haven't already found online.

I take comfort that his suffering was over quick. He knew he wasn't going to get better and saved us all weeks of seeing him suffer. He was very brave and very courageous.
I just wish he got better (some!!) care at home when he got out of hospital. The only time he did was when I kicked off at his GPs. That negligent bastard should be struck off. But Dad didn't complain he just got on with it, wanting to be at home with my Mum right up to the last 36 hours.

Rest in peace Dad. I know you are watching and I hope you have to wait many years before Mum joins you.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 06:03 AM

My thoughts will be with you today, Phil...
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 05:48 AM

Thank you.
It was a lovely funeral just what Dad would have wanted.
Lots of old friends and family re connecting after many years lot of laughter as well as tears.
Mum has been a rock throughout.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 07:24 PM

So sorry Elbee I didnt realise your Dad had died when I posted .I hope counselling will help you.My thoughts are with you having lost many relatives myself

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top