Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 12:23 PM

Re: Can Men And Women Just Be Good Friends?

A lady knows she has a good male friend, if, she can sit on his lap, and doesn't need to mention the first thing that "Pops Up".
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
A lady knows she has a good male friend, if, she can sit on his lap, and doesn't need to mention the first thing that "Pops Up".
Spitty!!!! You naughty boy
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 01:07 PM

I have 2 male friends
One is an ex-boyfriend from a loooong time ago
The other a colleague

I value their friendship and advice because they are honest and their opinions differ from female friends'

But I have an inkling...
that if ever I offered to take things along a more physical/sexual route...
that they would oblige!
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I have 2 male friends
One is an ex-boyfriend from a loooong time ago
The other a colleague

I value their friendship and advice because they are honest and their opinions differ from female friends'

But I have an inkling...
that if ever I offered to take things along a more physical/sexual route...
that they would oblige!

Oh I think your so right Rhian
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 02:58 PM

It happens sometimes, doesn't it, you think you're just mates and out of the blue they make a move. Maybe I'm just bad at seeing the signs.
I remember one work colleague, we'd been mates, allies and had a good laugh together for years, then out of the blue, he asked for something more.
When I gave him a good telling off...."God man, we're in our fifties, both married, love our partners, have families, homes, a life, you know my husband, what were you thinking?".......he just replied sheepishly that he thought it would be rather nice!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
It happens sometimes, doesn't it, you think you're just mates and out of the blue they make a move. Maybe I'm just bad at seeing the signs.
I remember one work colleague, we'd been mates, allies and had a good laugh together for years, then out of the blue, he asked for something more.
When I gave him a good telling off...."God man, we're in our fifties, both married, love our partners, have families, homes, a life, you know my husband, what were you thinking?".......he just replied sheepishly that he thought it would be rather nice!
Did it change your relationship you knowing he has designs on you?
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 03:06 PM

I had two male friends for many years and they were just friends, nothing more. I valued their friendship as much as female friends.
However first one then the other met a woman, romantically, and both times the women objected to him having female friends and demanded it end.
How sad.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Yolande ->
I had two male friends for many years and they were just friends, nothing more. I valued their friendship as much as female friends.
However first one then the other met a woman, romantically, and both times the women objected to him having female friends and demanded it end.
How sad.
I agree it must have upset you, and for that I am sorry for you.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Did it change your relationship you knowing he has designs on you?
Yes, I wasn't so relaxed around him any more, less off colour banter and joking around, in case he took it as an invitation.

Now I'm retired, I only see him with his wife, as part of a couple and he's more my husband's mate.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top