Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 03:43 PM

You have to smile ... don't you?

One of my neighbours was going to Asda this morning and was kind enough to come and ask if I needed anything. I asked him to bring me some pasta - foolishly I did not expand on that - this is what he brought!

Definitely not what I had in mind - but - hey - he was being very kind and I appreciate that. However, working on the waste not want not principle - this is how I used it.

Diced tomato, small onion, yellow capsicum and a couple of garlic cloves - put them into a saucepan with a generous knob of butter - left them to themselves while I read the instructions on the packet.

Made up the mixture of milk/water as directed - added to the pan - brought it up to boil - added contents of packet.

Opened a tin of tuna chunks - threw them in as well - gave it a good stir - left to simmer.

Grated some very strong cheddar - the sort that bites back!

Opened a bottle of bubbly (well, it is Sunday!)

When the food was ready - put it into a pasta bowl sprinkled the grated cheese over the top - and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 03:45 PM

Re: You have to smile ... don't you?

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
One of my neighbours was going to Asda this morning and was kind enough to come and ask if I needed anything. I asked him to bring me some pasta - foolishly I did not expand on that - this is what he brought!

Definitely not what I had in mind - but - hey - he was being very kind and I appreciate that. However, working on the waste not want not principle - this is how I used it.

Diced tomato, small onion, yellow capsicum and a couple of garlic cloves - put them into a saucepan with a generous knob of butter - left them to themselves while I read the instructions on the packet.

Made up the mixture of milk/water as directed - added to the pan - brought it up to boil - added contents of packet.

Opened a tin of tuna chunks - threw them in as well - gave it a good stir - left to simmer.

Grated some very strong cheddar - the sort that bites back!

Opened a bottle of bubbly (well, it is Sunday!)

When the food was ready - put it into a pasta bowl sprinkled the grated cheese over the top - and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Not the WHOLE pack Tabs surely?!!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Not the WHOLE pack Tabs surely?!!!
I was hungry!

Besides - never having used anything like that before I would not know how to divide it.

That's my excuse anyway. That is it until breakfast time though - it was rather filling!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 05:52 PM

It had to be a Man didn't it, kind thought though.

Was it nice, it sounded nice what you did with it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:08 PM

ha, but I suppose it did have SOME pasta in it, sounds like you made good use of that packet, I could eat it but I bet you didn't save me any did you!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:16 PM

This made me smile, but I can't find a thread about things that made you laugh/smile etc., and as it is food related, I thought it would be an apt thing to slip in here......if that's ok.........

(For non-London-knowers, it's a pun on the station St.Pancras).

I was hungry!

Besides - never having used anything like that before I would not know how to divide it.

That's my excuse anyway. That is it until breakfast time though - it was rather filling!

Pasta isn't as nice heated up the next day, anyway. That's my excuse.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2019, 06:41 PM

I quite enjoy these pasta in sauce packets, and the addition of tuna sounds yummy. And of course, they always need that extra bit of cheese.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-06-2019, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
It had to be a Man didn't it, kind thought though.

Was it nice, it sounded nice what you did with it.
It was surprisingly delicious, Susie.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

16-06-2019, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I quite enjoy these pasta in sauce packets, and the addition of tuna sounds yummy. And of course, they always need that extra bit of cheese.
Never had one before - maybe I should put a few in the store cupboard - just for emergencies, of course.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 10:44 AM

It was surprisingly delicious, Susie.
Sometimes us men come up with the best ideas Tabby.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top