Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 02:47 PM

do you need an expensive DSLR camera ?

been playing with my Nikon D300 (now on ebay £250 for a decent one, new £1100) and a wide angle lens Nikon 12-24mm f1.4 lens G (ebay £300 new £1000).

So the answer is no you can get good photos with a cheap used, expensive when new, DSLR camera,and build up the kit from there

If buying one do check the shutter count as a high shutter action means a lot cheaper camera as parts reach their expected life span

I bought mine new a long time ago
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 03:11 PM

Re: do you need an expensive DSLR camera ?

You know the old adage:

it's not the camera, it's the person behind it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 03:29 PM

Hi

I am useless at photography.

I am happy with my point and shoot, albeit expensive, camera.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 03:37 PM

My camera isn't a DSLR but a Canon SX260 compact camera.

I reckon it takes a presentable photo most of the time. Maybe sometimes not as good as an expensive DSLR camera but it has the advantages of being easy to carry in the palm of the hand and quick to use.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 04:22 PM

I went on a college course, we had a guy teaching us for a day who was a professional, he photographed royalty and other famous folk. He said he took just as good photos with a cheap compact camera as he did with his most expensive gear.

My camera is a cheap bridge one, the only thing I find is that photos are a bit light and need editing, apart from that I find it ok.
I don't understand all the fiddly bits (iso etc.)even though I went to courses.

I can't doing with the stress of it all, just point and shoot and fiddle afterwards.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 04:29 PM

I've got a number of cameras but never shoot on Auto, it takes the fun out of it.

My default/fave setting is semi auto ... Aperture Priority with Auto ISO (most of the time).
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I went on a college course, we had a guy teaching us for a day who was a professional, he photographed royalty and other famous folk. He said he took just as good photos with a cheap compact camera as he did with his most expensive gear.

My camera is a cheap bridge one, the only thing I find is that photos are a bit light and need editing, apart from that I find it ok.

I can't doing with the stress of it all, just point and shoot and fiddle afterwards.
I’m with you on this Tess, a Point and Shoot camera suits me perfectly for the photos I take.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
My camera isn't a DSLR but a Canon SX260 compact camera.

I reckon it takes a presentable photo most of the time. Maybe sometimes not as good as an expensive DSLR camera but it has the advantages of being easy to carry in the palm of the hand and quick to use.
That's the one I've got.......leastways, it's a Canon Powershot compact...I forget the number offhand.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 04:36 PM

You've just started the PSF club!
(Point, Shoot and Fiddle!)
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 04:43 PM

i bought Mr M and expensive DSLR camera a canon something so he could have a hobby in retirement .
Has he used it ?
Nah
So I took a course with a professional and I still can't understand anything about it.
We now only take pictures with the iPhone .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top