Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 09:37 AM

Rolf Harris arrested over sexual offences

Rolf Harris was arrested in march and relased ion bail until May reagrding historic sexual offences as part of "operation yewtree"

More here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22212131

We will have to wait and see if he diggereedid it or diggereedidnt.
There were clues:
"Can you tell what it is yet/"
Two Little Boys, two little toys, wooden horses, and jake the peg with his extra leg! didkleliddlelideldum
Did anyone ever untie that kanagroo?

And then there is all that panting.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 09:43 AM

Re: Rolf Harris arrested over sexual offences

Just plain 'gross' and infantile.....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 09:46 AM

I can't help thinking either the entire male population has been guilty of sexual offences or we are judging men on standards of today on what they did within the framework of standards years ago.

It was fairly standard to have to be quick on your feet back in the 70s to avoid the factory letch. We dealt with it ourselves, knew who not to be left alone with and just got on with things.

Now and I am sure this is more correct men are not allowed to carry on like that, but we cannot look back to those times and judge people on what we accept now.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 09:49 AM

Not sure I get yer drift Julie....
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 09:51 AM

My God how can you honestly say Jake the peg is anything to do with the way he thinks,
The three legged man was round before Jake the peg by Rolf Harris, it was an old circus trick by clowns.
Once again it is trial by media, wait and see what happens.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 09:55 AM

Oh dear Elbee How silly - why have you posted about this in such an insensitive way - as if it is all a joke? It's not even new news - perhaps some folks get something out of trawling about for this sort of stuff to poke fun at. Very bad taste IMO
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 09:59 AM

I think the whole thing has got out of hand with some people, having been slapped on their bottom as a youngster and told to run back to mum, probably just think they may be able to sue someone for money.
I am not saying things did not happen in some cases but there are way to many worms coming out of the woodwork.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-04-2013, 10:11 AM

You would change your tune if you were a victim - as you are not - you have no clue... The BBC was a ring of abusers - that were 'allowed' to get on with it - thats my opinion....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Oh dear Elbee How silly - why have you posted about this in such an insensitive way - as if it is all a joke? It's not even new news - perhaps some folks get something out of trawling about for this sort of stuff to poke fun at. Very bad taste IMO
I Agree . I don't find anything amusing in the situation.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2013, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I think the whole thing has got out of hand with some people, having been slapped on their bottom as a youngster and told to run back to mum, probably just think they may be able to sue someone for money.
I am not saying things did not happen in some cases but there are way to many worms coming out of the woodwork.
Unfortunately, men have always been prone to this kind of thing but, going back even further in time, it wasn't uncommon for a girl of 12 to be married to a man in his 30s. It is historical fact that young children (boys too) were sold into the sex trade (by their parents) as young as the age of 4; none of it is new. The only new thing is our perception of it and rightly so.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top