Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 08:09 PM

Re: The great COLGATE Toothpaste rip-off!

Theres NO WAY on earth id be paying £3.79 for a tube of toothpaste!
There are so many different brands of toothpaste out there nowadays and several different varietys of the same toothpaste the mind boggles on which one to choose.
I only ever buy the ones that are on offer at under a pound or around £1
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
Anyone who pays £3.79 for a tube of Colgate toothpaste is shopping in the wrong place, try Home Bargains or B&M, it's only £1 there.
Pound shops also are good for buying toiletries, toothpaste included.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 08:42 PM

It's not only toiletries. My ciggies are the same.
A pack of 20 became 19 and now it's a packet of 18.

As I said to the woman on the till. ...
Wow, at this rate in 9 years time I'll be able to buy an empty packet and brag that I've quit smoking.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 09:15 PM

It's happening with all kinds of goods. Chocolate bars are smaller and they try to fool us that they are trying to combat obesity packets of crisps are another.
Craftily shaped containers are another way of reducing the contents. It annoys the life out of me.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 09:19 PM

God .. crisps .. YES!
It's so disheartening when I crinkle that bag, rip it open and have to peer in the depths of the bag and can count them
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 09:25 PM

I never buy them now, disgusted at what they get away with.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
BBC Watchdog have been informed!
Reducing the size of the tube is one thing but continuing to put it in the old size box is something else
We don't buy Colgate Palmolive toothpaste in this house and like some others I prefer to buy British (Well Anglo Dutch actually) If it ever gets featured on Watchdog you may get some change, if it doesn't make it then nothing will change.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Have you approached Colgate with your concerns ?
Not much point, bound to get the usual PR type reply e.g. Our machinery is set to make only one size of box therefore when we reduced the tube size to avoid having to increase the price we had to continue using the old box

Weasel words of course but living in an age of lawyers who lie everyday in court, celebs who don't know what truth means, and media manipulators constantly playing with the general public, what can you expect
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Elbee ->
In case you or your friends haven't noticed Colgate Palmolive is using "Shrinkflation" to deceive the Briths Public.

My wife bought 3 packets of Colgate Total Pro Gum Health 75ml for £3.79 each on a 3 for 3 offer at Waitrose. Even with the "offer" the price is excessive. This is made worse by the deception Colgate Palmolive use in keeping the box size constant whilst reducing the contents by 40% - a considerable amount.

I have noted that in the last 24 months, the price of a packet of Colgate Total toothpaste has risen from around £2.50 to the current £3.79. That's an increase of 52%!

Factor in the 40% reduction in contents from 125ml to 75ml and the real price increase is 2p/ml to 5p/ml UP 250%!

Whilst they Colgate are free to change the size of their products and charge whatever they like, they are not free to deliberately deceive by keeping the box size the same!
It is easily possible to put a full 125ml tube of Colgate Total in the 75ml box. Furthermore the current size of the tube is little more than what most reasonable people would consider to be a "sample" size.

I have used Colgate toothpaste all of my life as have all my family. This now ends. This US company's sheer greed in pursuit of ever-increasing profit via the active policy and use of what can only be described as "theft by deception" means they have lost a lifetime customer forever. I will no longer allow any Colgate Palmolive products in my home!

Colgate Palmolive are breaching the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPRs) and the Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations 2008 (BPRs). A business is carrying out a "misleading action" if information it gives "in anyway deceives or is likely to deceive the average consumer"
I have made an official complaint to my local Trading Standards office.

In addition, I have begun an online and social media campaign to warn others of their diabolical trading techniques and hopefully others will also decide enough is enough. BBC Watchdog have been informed!

I would ask that everyone please circulate this to as many people as possible and stop buying any Colgate Palmolive products.
Dont get it??? Large tubes of Colgate cost well under one pound per tube . I buy mine on Ebay in boxes of 12, saves carting the things home. Plus I have used it forever and have not been to a dentist for years and have zero teeth problems.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2015, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
As I said to the woman on the till. ...
Wow, at this rate in 9 years time I'll be able to buy an empty packet and brag that I've quit smoking.
I like it !
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Have you approached Colgate with your concerns ?
Well "der" as the young say!

I have written to Colgate, Waitrose, Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda, Morrisons and Trading Standards Surrey who are currently investigating.
You can see more here:
http://forum.brand-newhomes.co.uk/gr...f/msg2220/#new

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top