Join for free
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2009, 07:27 AM

Much Ado About Kodiak

Much Ado About Kodiak
or
A Cautionary Tale From The Woods

I awoke, encircled in a comforting arm, my face licked so gently, imparting a feeling of peace and tranquility. It was dark. I wondered who this could be. I felt so safe, cradled in this strong arm being licked with such thorough tenderness.

We were taking part in a survival course, sleeping in a clearing in the woods, our camp fire dying, just the glowing embers to be seen. Was this Ray, our survival expert, taking such good care of me?

According to his instructions, we had packed all our food in a bag and it was hanging from a nearby tree. He had also insisted that our make up be bagged and stored in the same way. Apparently the local bears were partial to cosmetics, and were commonly seen applying mascara and kohl in their version of Panda eyes.

Perhaps it was one of the team of Chefs? Was it Hugh? He, champion of the of the organic turnip. Was it the blonde lady with hair full of stale food? The Italian with a glint in his eye? With my luck probably one of the big hairy ones, never mind, he has a bike. My thoughts turned to Marco, (well, whose wouldn’t?) I had been trying to attract his attention by starching his head bands for free, perhaps, he had noticed me after all.

Encompassed in this manly arm, I fell into a safe, sound sleep; a sleep so deep and relaxed, not awakening until day break.

The clearing in the woods was silent, not a bird sang, not a pan rattled. Something was not right. Still cradled in that big comforting arm. I turned my head to see who my carer could be.

A face I had not expected met my gaze, an eyelid blackened with kohl drooped in an affectionate wink. My silent scream did nothing to ease my horror. Suddenly the silence was broken by our mentor, Ray appearing, shouting shoo and banging pans together, my carer, alarmed by this dropped me and ambled off into the forest. He stopped at the edge of the clearing, turned and flickered his claws at me. ' Until tonight', he seemed to say ‘.

I swooned .......... wouldn’t you?

© MM&M
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2009, 12:27 PM

Re: Much Ado About Kodiak

Wonderful story, I'm so glad you shared. Yes, I would swoon
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2009, 12:35 PM

Oh yes, who wouldn't want to slumber in strong hirsuite arms?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2009, 06:07 PM

Nice one M&M!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2009, 06:42 PM

That's a great story!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top