Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2014, 09:50 PM

Re: Going away for Christmas/New year.

Have been way Nov. and arrived home just before Christmas. Only spent one Christmas away and that was for my daughter wedding in India (husband Indian) we were all there as a family. Then spent several weeks touring.It was weird. Midnight mass in a baking hot cathedral and traditional Christmas dinner out on the verandah, while the rest of Kolkata carried on as normal. No give me the cold, real fires and Christmas trees at Christmas.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2014, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Philssue ->
Hi ,I go away every Christmas because ,because I'm on my own ,and I'd rather spend it in the sun and not think about Christmas. But like someone said,the case is getting too much for me,I would love to hear from someone who would like to share the same time away ,it will be cheaper with two !
I hope you find someone Sue
Philssue
New Member!
Swadlincote
Philssue is female 

31-08-2014, 10:12 AM

Thanks Meg . Not many people like to go away Christmas ,so I won't hold my breath! Not sure what I will do if I don't go ,find a quiet hotel somewhere! Even that's a tall order!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 10:18 AM

Thanks Meg . Not many people like to go away Christmas ,so I won't hold my breath! Not sure what I will do if I don't go ,find a quiet hotel somewhere! Even that's a tall order!
Sue can't you stay at home and use the money you would have spent to treat yourself to something.

There are worse things than being alone at home like being stuck with some awful people in a hotel..
Philssue
New Member!
Swadlincote
Philssue is female 

31-08-2014, 10:32 AM

Bless you I could but everyone here likes to get together and people use my drive and I feel so alone ,since my husband died ,people are not like they used to be! When I go away I just stay in my room only come out for meals!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

31-08-2014, 10:42 AM

Bless you I could but everyone here likes to get together and people use my drive and I feel so alone ,since my husband died ,people are not like they used to be! When I go away I just stay in my room only come out for meals!
Sue I always used to go home to Derbyshire for Christmas and endured the tedious small talk of some people I didn't much like and wouldn't have put up with if they hadn't have been family. Also having to eat badly cooked food I didn't want.

Now I choose to stay at home with my dog for most of the day having popped out for an hour for the obligatory present opening with the children.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 10:46 AM

Sue .... you can come on the forum at Christmas and New Year
and have a chat ... we never close I'll certainly be on here
Philssue
New Member!
Swadlincote
Philssue is female 

31-08-2014, 10:51 AM

Oh how lovely ,thank you so much,I will update of any new developments ! Think I should get a dog!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

31-08-2014, 11:05 AM

Oh how lovely ,thank you so much,I will update of any new developments ! Think I should get a dog!
..Sue I am always on here for some of the day along with others who have escaped the tedium
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2014, 03:53 PM

I've often thought what I'd do if I was alone for Christmas and I reckon I'd look into charity work. Dishing Christmas meals out at a homeless shelter - something like that. There must be charities crying out for helpers.

In the process of helping others - you help yourself as well.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top