Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 07:36 PM

Re: How do you keep fit and healthy?

Had a Tunturi cycle for thirty years (spares still available) and am on my third rowing machine. Keep a log of activity. Not enough walking though. Mrs Dobra is strict with the diet though....
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2014, 07:40 PM

I do a mix of exercise, pilates, aqua fit and a bit of low impact aerobics to 60's and 70's music. My stamina has improved a lot and is better than it was in my 30's I think but of course there are the joint problems that come with age.
I think that keeping as mobile as possible is the best way even if the body protests.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2014, 01:56 PM

I eat healthy home prepared meals, walk 2 - 3 miles per day - usually early morning when the air is still fresh, do the Times crossword everyday to shake up the grey matter, read a lot, have several hobbies, socialize with my friends as often as possible - and sleep like a log!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2014, 02:30 PM

I have been a slob for four years since Jenny passed away. One of the factors in my decision to buy the place I am downsizing to is that it is 5 minutes walk to the leisure centre. I even bought a pair of gym short,two pairs of swimming trunks and a pair of new trainers last Saturday
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2014, 03:15 PM

I exercise hard every day and here is how for those starting out. When using a computer put your hand on the mouse and push forward and if able pull it back again. Simple?
When you have mastered that try increasing it to doing it twice a day for a week.
By this time your hand and arm movement should have improved.
Next week try the same with the other hand for again a week.

Mastered that? then continue pushing and pulling the mouse several times a day to keep the fitness regime up.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2014, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I have been a slob for four years since Jenny passed away. One of the factors in my decision to buy the place I am downsizing to is that it is 5 minutes walk to the leisure centre. I even bought a pair of gym short,two pairs of swimming trunks and a pair of new trainers last Saturday
I even bought a pair of gym short,two pairs of swimming trunks and a pair of new trainers last Saturday Unquote

Who for the mind boggles
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2014, 04:11 PM

For me!!-I used to have decent pecs-now I could fit a bra for the man boobs.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2014, 07:08 PM

I have an active job, I walk a lot, cycle a lot and do a regular Zumba class.

I cook from scratch healthy balanced meals, no desserts (unless entertaining) or special meals out.
BrianH
Hornchurch, UK
BrianH is male  BrianH has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 08:27 AM

Hi All, just joined this forum for primarily to find 50+ people who try to get or stay fit. I've managed to lose a lot of weight, and am trying to get into weight training. At the moment I'm going 3-4 times a week. Foodwise I keep a check on the amount I eat by using 'My fitness pal' App.
It allows you to keep a check on calories and nutrition.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2014, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by BrianH ->
Hi All, just joined this forum for primarily to find 50+ people who try to get or stay fit. I've managed to lose a lot of weight, and am trying to get into weight training. At the moment I'm going 3-4 times a week. Foodwise I keep a check on the amount I eat by using 'My fitness pal' App.
It allows you to keep a check on calories and nutrition.
Hi Brian and welcome well done you...

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top