Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 12:50 PM

Re: Elderly Exercise?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm only 52 I think ageuk might think me too young = doesn't happen often these days
Age UK is 50+ years old, so you're good to go.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
I hired a treadmill May and I really enjoyed it. I liked the fact you could do certain programmes on it. I'm thinking of hiring it again.

Other than that its walking and swimming for me.
Got Mine from Amazon Myra,it was just over £120 a few years ago,not a great big heavy one,and it can fold-up for ease of moving around...Mine's white but They also had it in pretty pink ;~)..it has the usual speed/distance/time/cal's burned.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Got Mine from Amazon Myra,it was just over £120 a few years ago,not a great big heavy one,and it can fold-up for ease of moving around...Mine's white but They also had it in pretty pink ;~)..it has the usual speed/distance/time/cal's burned.
That's a reasonable price May. I'll have to look around
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 08:02 PM

I just did a 5-6 mile shuffle on the roads. Will have to wait and see how my knee has taken it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2015, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I just did a 5-6 mile shuffle on the roads. Will have to wait and see how my knee has taken it.
Shuffling's good Mark, it's all I do these days and it's really rewarding...Hope the knee holds out.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 12:43 PM

I'm getting stronger: 5 miles on Thursday and 6 miles last night. Tired today but going out again later. Will be glad to see the back of the weight I'm currently carrying.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

26-05-2015, 11:16 PM

Managed to run with the club this evening ...

Shot taken at Sker beach.

Eating some veggies and bread now. Not a drop of booze in sight.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2015, 11:24 PM

Well done Mark and what a beautiful evening you had for running
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2015, 08:40 AM

I cycle about 40 miles a week (providing it doesn't rain) and walk about 10 miles a week. Both exercises being done at brisk pace. I prefer the bike to jogging because I don't think jogging does the joints a lot of good in the long-term.

The bike riding throughout the week is done in two 11 mile rides on the flat (more or less) and one ride consisting of 15 or 20 miles, partly off-road and pedaling up the hills. I never take the car for short journeys if I can possibly leave it at home but bike or walk instead.

The rest of the time I eat what I want, drink a beer occasionally and relax. I have got a bit more of a middle than I once had but heck!, I'm knocking on a bit now and feel I ought to be allowed to spread out a little.

Edit: I don't know if anyone would be interested but around 10 years ago, I put a website together about our 'older person' cycling activities (link below). Unfortunately, the group has fallen by the wayside for one reason or another but my brother and I have kept the tradition going. I don't know how much longer for though:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boots44...club/index.htm
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

31-05-2015, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I cycle about 40 miles a week (providing it doesn't rain) and walk about 10 miles a week. Both exercises being done at brisk pace. I prefer the bike to jogging because I don't think jogging does the joints a lot of good in the long-term.

The bike riding throughout the week is done in two 11 mile rides on the flat (more or less) and one ride consisting of 15 or 20 miles, partly off-road and pedaling up the hills. I never take the car for short journeys if I can possibly leave it at home but bike or walk instead.

The rest of the time I eat what I want, drink a beer occasionally and relax. I have got a bit more of a middle than I once had but heck!, I'm knocking on a bit now and feel I ought to be allowed to spread out a little.

Edit: I don't know if anyone would be interested but around 10 years ago, I put a website together about our 'older person' cycling activities (link below). Unfortunately, the group has fallen by the wayside for one reason or another but my brother and I have kept the tradition going. I don't know how much longer for though:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boots44...club/index.htm
Well done on the exercise and I also like your website .

As for me I think I'm losing weight pretty rapidly. I'm following a strict plant based diet without any dairy products and running 6 miles a day now. Last night I could see that my injured knee was very much improved. The only way my knee would improve so quickly is that the fat is falling off me. Will weigh at some time in the future but not yet. Quite excited about getting back in shape and being light on my feet once more.

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top