Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 08:42 PM

Hmmmmm fitness ? my bike

Unsure where to post this

Tried to ride my bike this afternoon .. OMG
It's a Muddy Fox Roadrunner mountain bike that we bought years ago.

I was never proficient at cycling even as a child and there was nowhere sensible for me to practice, as an adult, when we bought it so we used to transport our bikes in the VW camper to no-traffic areas (Windsor Great Park being a favourite).

Yikes I wheeled it down to the lane here and could only just stay upright. It's another thing that has to go as I continue to de-clutter.
The design of this bike is appalling.

Where on earth do adults learn to ride bikes ? No way would I go on the road
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 08:47 PM

Re: Hmmmmm fitness ? my bike

Well we are currently teaching with out stabilisers in the local homebase car park after they close it's brilliant with natural road ways to get Grace ready for proper roads eventually.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well we are currently teaching with out stabilisers in the local homebase car park after they close it's brilliant with natural road ways to get Grace ready for proper roads eventually.
That sounds ideal.

Wish there was a big car park here
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->

Where on earth do adults learn to ride bikes ? No way would I go on the road
A nice quiet housing estate is the answer.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 08:18 AM

The bike I bought a number of years ago has been stood standing in the communal hallway under the stairs, barely out on the roads. I really need to sell it and try to find a model that is suited to me. This one I tried in the shop and foolishly bought before realising too late I couldn't ride it. My feet hardly touch the ground and it's so heavy.

I'm just so lazy in not doing anything about it.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
The bike I bought a number of years ago has been stood standing in the communal hallway under the stairs, barely out on the roads. I really need to sell it and try to find a model that is suited to me. This one I tried in the shop and foolishly bought before realising too late I couldn't ride it. My feet hardly touch the ground and it's so heavy.

I'm just so lazy in not doing anything about it.
What a shame Jazzi. You'd think the shop would've advised you when buying the bike that it suited you.

I'd love to ride a bike again.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 10:07 AM

Here is an idea that might appeal. I have an exercise bike which means I don’t have to deal with road conditions. I aim to do 30 minutes cycling every day while listening to classical music.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 12:08 PM

I'd love to be able to ride a bike, but haven't even sat on one before. I'm not that taken with the idea of an exercise bike because I want to get out and about and see a bit of scenery while getting some fresh air. Peddling away looking at a wall isn't a very inspiring concept.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
Here is an idea that might appeal. I have an exercise bike which means I don’t have to deal with road conditions. I aim to do 30 minutes cycling every day while listening to classical music.
Mines ended up as a clothes horse Mr Magoo
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2015, 12:35 PM

Yes, that's another thing Myra - I need to exercise away from my home because there are too many excuses to not exercise, otherwise. I either can't be bothered or I get too easily distracted. I use a cross-trainer for 30 minutes at the gym and thoroughly enjoy it, but I know if I had one at home it would never get used.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top