Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2009, 10:57 AM

Re: What can you do with a pineapple?

Hi Claire some pineapples are delicious just on there own. I find the problem with many of them is once they have travelled half way around the world to get here they have lost a lot of their flavour and adding a little something improves them considerably .

You can tell a good pineapple by sniffing it, if it has a strong pineapple smell it usually has a good flavour.

It is suggested one should remove a leaf and it it comes out easily the pineapple is ripe. I have found this method to be a poor indication of ripness or anything else...

Hope you enjoy your pineapple
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2009, 04:55 PM

That's made me chuckle!!! Look forward to seeing a picture of the picture! Grand subject.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2009, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
(Keep it clean, guys).
A friend gave me a large pineapple yesterday. Any ideas for recipes? I don`t actually like it just sliced.
thanks!
I have the perfect solution Claire give it to someone who actually likes pineapple because whatever you do to it it is what it is
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2009, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I`ve cut the ruddy thing in half, added some grapes, positioned on a nice plate and am painting it.
Huh that's the last bloody time I offer to help her
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2009, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Huh that's the last bloody time I offer to help her

I think it's not a bad solution actually
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 01:47 AM

I can't wait to see your painting
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 10:22 AM

Nearly finished!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 12:22 PM

there we are. The pineapple was growing furry white bits by time I finished so it`s gone to the great compost heap in the sky.

dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 12:42 PM

Hey! That's good
I think this was a perfectly good use for the fruit. They are so blimmin awkward to peel, de-eye and slice - a good survival mechanism I guess
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 09:10 PM

Excellent use of the pineapple - it has after all become almost immortal!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top