Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 07:43 AM

Re: Trip of a Lifetime

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
We've travelled a lot but I'd like to have the money to do the complete Orient Express trip through Venice, Vienna to Istanbul. Only £9,000 each.
I went to Istanbul by motorbike and sidecar when I was 23 years old. It was all very interesting.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 08:55 AM

We've travelled a lot but I'd like to have the money to do the complete Orient Express trip through Venice, Vienna to Istanbul. Only £9,000 each.
Not sure I would want to do that now as it seems to have lost much of it's past glamour and romance. Just seems to be another expensive trip now

I also doubt if the present climate of unrest would add anything to the trip
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 09:03 AM

I was happy with our trip to China
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Not sure I would want to do that now as it seems to have lost much of it's past glamour and romance. Just seems to be another expensive trip now

I also doubt if the present climate of unrest would add anything to the trip
You may be right. Perhaps I'll change it to a round the world cruise on the QE2
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 09:24 AM

You may be right. Perhaps I'll change it to a round the world cruise on the QE2
Yuk.. now being trapped on a floating Blackpool pleasure beach boat would be my idea of hell . I think after less than a day I would be women overboard
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 09:16 PM

Yuk.. now being trapped on a floating Blackpool pleasure beach boat would be my idea of hell . I think after less than a day I would be women overboard
Oh I don't know solo, hubby and I saved for a long time to go on the cruise we have just returned from, we had the most fabulous time visiting La Caruna, Oporto, Cadiz for Seville, Lisbon and St Peter's Port, Guernsey. Fabulous cabin with balcony, wonderful steward, 24 hour free room service, breakfast on the balcony, Pina Colada's by the bucketload, hic! Fine dining every evening. What was not to love!

Hubby said he would be expecting 6 course dinners every evening now so first night back got 6 plates out of the cupboard and put a single chip on each of them.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 05:55 AM

We're all different. I love cruising and we've dome about 10 - the longest being 30 days from Southampton, through the Panama Canal, to Los Angeles and I loved every moment of it. It was a lovely, elegant ship and bore little resemblance to Blackpool.
solo
UK

08-09-2015, 08:51 AM

Your cruises do sound wonderful..however..piling off a ship en masse to see sights just isn't my cup of tea nor is being unable to escape crowds.

I have not forgotten seeing the liners swamping Venice.

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 09:33 AM

I was, repeat was, the most anti cruise person on this planet. I did a tryout on a river cruise on the Nile. Well the shore was close so good chance of being saved should something happen.
Wow did it change my mind 180 degrees, now done 2 med cruises and booked one for next year doing stockholm part of the world
solo
UK

08-09-2015, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I was, repeat was, the most anti cruise person on this planet. I did a tryout on a river cruise on the Nile. Well the shore was close so good chance of being saved should something happen.
Wow did it change my mind 180 degrees, now done 2 med cruises and booked one for next year doing stockholm part of the world
Interested to know what made you change your mind! Being a wanderer who likes to go off doing my own thing is the biggest reason for me, so maybe I would never find a cruise suitable.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top