Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 11:11 AM

Gym members

Do we have any here?...if so what programme do you work too?
Have you used the kettlebells?
And what works toning up your legs for you?
Do we have any body builders?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 11:14 AM

Re: Gym members

NO way, too much like hard work after spending a lot of time getting weight on
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 12:02 PM

I'm a member of 'Curves' - a ladies-only gym. There's one in our village, and I love it!

The circuit is designed for women (ie, it tones and builds strength rather than muscle-bulk), and I go either two or three times a week. There's a weekly Zumba session there too, which I go to as well.

It costs me just £29 a month, well worth every penny, as I can go as often as I like for that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 12:18 PM

Hi Pauline, I have just joined my local gym a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't a clue what programme I'm on (if any), I just do what I'm told!
I don't understand how the machines work or what knobs to pull/push to alter them, so I have a lovely lady who does one-to-one with me for the whole hour. She is very gentle with me.

It must be a programme for over-weight, geriatric, short people I suppose, but I don't know if it has an actual name.
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 12:26 PM

I use the gym.
You are entitled to an induction course when you join. you tell the instructor what you aims are and your exercise programme is tailored accordingly.
You can usually get reassessed every 6 weeks.
For those that can afford it I would recommend using a personal trainer at the gym, even if only for a couple of sessions.
They are more qualified and will show you how to work to your maximum.
Cost is £25 plus per hour.
Well worth it. you are paying for the knowledge which will encourage you to work that bit harder.
You get out of it (results) what you put in.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Browbeaten ->
I use the gym.
You are entitled to an induction course when you join. you tell the instructor what you aims are and your exercise programme is tailored accordingly.
You can usually get reassessed every 6 weeks.
For those that can afford it I would recommend using a personal trainer at the gym, even if only for a couple of sessions.
They are more qualified and will show you how to work to your maximum.
Cost is £25 plus per hour.
Well worth it. you are paying for the knowledge which will encourage you to work that bit harder.
You get out of it (results) what you put in.

WHAT??? You must be mad.
I paid £60 membership for a 12 week course, so that's £5 per week. I can go as many times as I want for that £5. I go twice a week, so that works out £2.50 per session. The use of any other facilities or classes are included in that membership.

I could never afford to go if I paid what you do.
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 12:55 PM

I don't, but I have. Like I said, you are paying for knowledge and how to exert yourself.
Gym memberships start around £20 per month depending on facilities offered.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Deb W ->
I'm a member of 'Curves' - a ladies-only gym. There's one in our village, and I love it!

The circuit is designed for women (ie, it tones and builds strength rather than muscle-bulk), and I go either two or three times a week. There's a weekly Zumba session there too, which I go to as well.
I go to one similar, 3 times a week, for £25 a month I think it's money well spent.
Also helps with osteoporosis since it's all weight bearing exercise..
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 02:15 PM

Yes I am a gym member

I had originally joined just for the sauna (they are excellent detoxifiers) but recently started weight training It's going ok actually
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2015, 06:58 PM

Good thread, Pauline3!

I pay £12.49 p.m. with no contract at my local JDGym which is easily the best gym I have used to date.
I've trained for over thirty years doing various programmes including bodybuilding (which I try to maintain even now. Not sure about posting a pic though! lol).
Kettlebells are not my thing of choice, I'd rather use dumbbells for supplementary exercises.
Toning the legs? Incline leg presses, extensions and incline treadmill work.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top