Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2009, 10:28 PM

Menus ...do you plan?

As it says, Do you make out a weekly menu, or improvise?

I plan out the week's menu so I know what I need to shop for. You?
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2009, 10:36 PM

Re: Menus ...do you plan?

I try, oh how I try, but rarely do I ever manage to complete the list.

I tend to stick to the same type of meals so know the basics to buy. OH is v much meat potato and veg. So, I often make something different for myself - salad, pasta etc so will buy on impulse. I often read what you have had or planned to have and think ' ooh - I could do something along these lines' lol.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2009, 10:37 PM

I do not plan, decide on the day...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2009, 10:47 PM

I usually decide on the day and if I haven't got it in the fridge/freezer/cupboard, I go out and buy it......
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2009, 10:51 PM

I plan my meals for the week (except Fridays-night off ) then I buy everything I need in one-fell swoop (as I do not like shopping)-I do try and vary my meals one week to another though.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2009, 11:02 PM

I enjoy food shopping, so like to pick up the fresh stuff, fruits, vegetables, a few times a week. All the staples and heavy stuff I have delivered bi-weekly.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 07:09 AM

Sort of.
If we're both home on Sunday and do the classic Sunday Lunch, then much of the following week is dependant, both in terms of finishing whatever meat/poultry we have then and in avoiding anything similar through the remainder of the week.
I know that menu planning and shopping accordingly is a much better way of budgetting but ....
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

04-09-2009, 07:44 AM

As I'm following a healthy eating plan, I have to plan, else there would be an excuse to stray, so yes, I plan for the whole seven days and shop accordingly
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 09:18 AM

We tend to eat the same things so, it`s a plan that has evolved over they years - plus anything we fancy that`s on offer at Tesco. Online shopping is such a boon.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

04-09-2009, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
We tend to eat the same things so, it`s a plan that has evolved over they years - plus anything we fancy that`s on offer at Tesco. Online shopping is such a boon.
That gave me an idea for a new thread, thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top