Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 02:23 PM

Re: After all this time!

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
My goodness, if only someone can tell me what Tofu is?
All I have seen is that it can be delicious if used in cooking but tastes absolutely vile if not used correctly or tried as is???
It's a bean curd, being a veggie I've used it quite a lot, it picks up other flavours quite readily so you can disguise it nicely. If I weren't a veggie though I wouldn't bother with it, it isn't that nice
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 02:47 PM

Hi SG that is more or less how I cook steak but only 2 mins per side because I like it pink.

The rule is rest the steak for the same time you cook it so in my case 4 mins in a warm place.

Of course the main thing is having the perfect product in the first place or no matter how you cook it the steak will not be very good.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 04:12 PM

Thank you all for your replies.

Julie, thanks for solving the mystery of Tufu!! hadn't a clue what family it belonged to. I have heard it is very nice for adding to meals but have, as you say, also heard that it is very boring and tasteless on it's own. Think I will give that one a miss, lol.
Good luck with the Yorkshire Puds.

Hi Meg, you are of course quite correct when it comes to the actual quality of meat. I have a lovely Butcher here who has always looked after me when it comes to purchases, so very fortunate.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well done ! You've inspired me to try to make a Yorkshire pudding again !

Julie darlin' - if you can make pancakes, you can make yorkshire puds - there's no difference - batter is batter is batter!!!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 07:53 PM

We all know my posts never make sense-it was hard enough to explain rotted shrimps to my Lady let alone tofu
shelana80+
New Member!
United Kingdom
shelana80+ is female 

02-04-2017, 06:14 PM

I think where I have made mistakes with steaks in the past is"worrying"them after they have gone into the frying pan--ie turning them over a few times!This sounds excellent advice.Thanks.PS Which part of Shropshire?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by shelana80+ ->
I think where I have made mistakes with steaks in the past is"worrying"them after they have gone into the frying pan--ie turning them over a few times!This sounds excellent advice.Thanks.PS Which part of Shropshire?
Hi shelana80, just outside of Shrewsbury.

I know what you mean with the steaks. Since originally posting this thread I have cooked steaks four times, all to perfection. I cannot believe how quick and easy they now are. Good luck if you try it same as I did, I promise they will be lovely if u follow to a tee. x

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top