Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 09:26 PM

Re: Do you use online grocery shopping?

Yes! Oh Yes! Dogfood, weekly shop, xmas pressies, birthday bounquets, light bulbs, theatre tickets, rail tickets, printer ink...
just about everything except shoes.
I LOATHE shopping! My idea of hell is wasting time walking round shops comparing prices, being condescended to or ignored by shop assistants, standing in a queue behind some dozy female who dosn`t know if it`s Wednesday or breakfast, then having the priviledge of lugging it all home.
rant over.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie ->
NO!!!, by the time I have checked in , looked at the 10000`s of variations, of bread/tea/ and so on, decided what I want, deleted most of it, checked my shopping list, and then realised I missed something..............its quicker to go to the store and buy it
t can be confusing the first time; but my market keeps a list of your regularly purchased items which makes it really convenient; just click on that and order what you need. And it's kept up to date as you add and delete things.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 09:50 PM

Claire, I couldn't agree more! You've described the horror of brick-and-mortar shopping perfectly!
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 10:36 PM

I was in an accident at the beginning of the summer and on line shopping has been a fantastic help. Its so easy and reliable. It arrives on time. They carry it into the kitchen and check I'm happy with it before they take the money
Now I've reached the stage of being able to go out and shop I'm not sure that I want to. I think I buy more extras in the shop so that, along with the fuel costs, must offset the delivery charge.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
a degree of independence.
I never knew that; can you get a PhD as well?
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 11:45 PM

I do I use Asda for my food shop weekly. But I've decided not to bother after this weeks delivery. They keep missing stuff out, but charging me, so then I have to ring them which costs me. It's a nightmare lately, I'd rather go into the supermarket and then I know I have the items I need to make the meals I've planned for the week x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 01:08 AM

Online food shopping is not for me, I am one of those people who taste the grapes, root around for the last possible sell by date and go to the box underneath for the freshest fruit and vegetables .
Shopping on line you have to put up with that which you are given.

I don't buy everything from the supermarket anyway, I get meat from the butcher (I like it freshly cut not some old piece which has been laying around for days ) and fish from the fishmonger and I like to inspect everything before I decide if I want to buy it or not.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

05-09-2009, 02:05 AM

I think I have the best of both ways, Meg. Stuff like milk, juice, noodles, rice, cat food bird seed, kitty litter, chicken broth, things like that I'm quite content to let them pick up for me. I'm like you with inspecting the fruit, vegetables, salad greens myself; wouldn't trust anyone else to do that.

I guess we work out what suits us best.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 12:38 PM

I do like to see what I'm buying, especially fresh produce...
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 01:12 PM

I have a French attitude to shopping I need to see it and check it for freshness and quality. I will then adjust my menu to the best buys based on price and quality. This, of course, only applies to food and wine. I must admit if I have to shop in Tesco's (spit) I avoid all their own brands like the plague.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top