Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Elbee
Chichester
Elbee is male  Elbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 05:55 AM

Planning your own funeral

As you know, ma Dad died a week ago and I took on planning his funeral. All he left was a wish for tow hymns, an independent undertaker (not part of a large chain like coop or Dignity) and "I'm forever blowing bubbles" played and sung, at the end. He was a West Ham fan.

I intend to plan my funeral. I don't think it is morbid because it will save those left behind all the upset.
Preferred undertaker, coffin, no flowers but charity donation, venue etc.
Songs, hymns, bible reading, poems.
I even intend to write my own Eulogy as a starting block. The one person who knows me best is me.
And where I want my ashes scattered.

Sort of thoughtful 'till the end!
Anyone else done this?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 06:57 AM

Re: Planning your own funeral

Yep all planned poems chosen , music sorted, instructions left for the cards the flowers the lot!

Plus before it gets that far I have a end of life directive in place , treatment I will or wont accept and the moment at which life support is to be ended,

My life means my life and my choice.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 07:33 AM

Chosen three songs but nothing more, only that I wish to be buried. My executor sister told me not to bother buying a funeral plan, it can be paid for out of my estate when the time comes.

I do need to make them aware though, that I want a humanist one, not religious.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 07:45 AM

Yes mine is all planned and my kids know my wishes.
I don't see why I should pay for it though. I'd rather spend the money now.
The cost can come out of the estate.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 08:27 AM

I don’t care what happens after I’ve gone. They can do what they like. I won’t 'mind'. I won’t exist.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 08:27 AM

Me too all sorted . I don't have funeral plan like the others it can come out of the sale of house . I'm starting to spend my savings too bit by bit on nice holidays now and again .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 08:28 AM

My mum chose her's, after getting over the initial trauma(within a month)of being told she had weeks to live...it was her way of taking some control of her life, what was remaining.....almost two years later she's still here and, like most women()has changed her mind on more than one occasion....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 08:32 AM

I have asked for black horses and The Rose by Better Midler .
But at the end of the day I don't really care cos I will be dead !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Me too all sorted . I don't have funeral plan like the others it can come out of the sale of house . I'm starting to spend my savings too bit by bit on nice holidays now and again .
Eeeee...a woman after my own heart! Me too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 09:20 AM

I need to get on with this, I started, then stopped and need to get back to it again.

I know it is silly, but I found it quite depressing, I cannot imagine my own death, I don't want to go, but I ought to sort it, I know.

Something else to add to my job list.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top