Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:21 AM

Re: Trans Madness

It doesn't bother me people can call themselves whatever they like man/woman/none of the above we are all 'humans'.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:23 AM

I think the title of this thread - "trans madness" - is accurate. If a person, despite their genetics (like Rachel Dolezal) claimed they were black when they were white, or a 21st Century man claimed they were Julius Caesar, then we would quite reasonably assume that they were suffering from some form of dissociative mental health disorder. However, nowadays, if someone who is 100% genetically male or female claims that they "feel" they are the opposite gender to that indicated by their physiological reality, we are expected to indulge that delusion. No wonder that large parts of the feminist movement which has fought for decades to achieve rights for women are now somewhat miffed to be told that they must accept that some men are women, despite their genetics.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I think the title of this thread - "trans madness" - is accurate. If a person, despite their genetics (like Rachel Dolezal) claimed they were black when they were white, or a 21st Century man claimed they were Julius Caesar, then we would quite reasonably assume that they were suffering from some form of dissociative mental health disorder. However, nowadays, if someone who is 100% genetically male or female claims that they "feel" they are the opposite gender to that indicated by their physiological reality, we are expected to indulge that delusion. No wonder that large parts of the feminist movement which has fought for decades to achieve rights for women are now somewhat miffed to be told that they must accept that some men are women, despite their genetics.

Being a woman is fantastic - that's why they all want in on the act!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
A good post Mick.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:43 AM

The time will come when 'parents' will be able to decide which one has the baby - that is assuming humans will still be fertile, and that their 'bits and bobs' still work even.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The time will come when 'parents' will be able to decide which one has the baby.
We are almost there on that Mups. For me the problem is not what sex they decide to be but the fact that the rest of us are expected to go along with it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We are almost there on that Mups. For me the problem is not what sex they decide to be but the fact that the rest of us are expected to go along with it.

I agree dongles.
It's probably us older generation with the problem of acceptance though, as the kids today will have grown up with the whole idea, but we didn't. So these things will no doubt seem just part of everyday life to them.

It's probably being taught in schools already!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-09-2018, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree dongles.
It's probably us older generation with the problem of acceptance though, as the kids today will have grown up with the whole idea, but we didn't. So these things will no doubt seem just part of everyday life to them.

It's probably being taught in schools already!
I'm sure it is in one way or another.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 09:52 AM

Providing what others do has no impact on my life they can choose to be what they want to be, but...and it is a big but. what they play around choosing to be will certainly impact eventually on their lives
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 10:42 AM

Ask someone in the middle ages if they were happy with the gender they were given and It would appear very low down on their list of priorities, if at all.
They were too busy surviving, working, growing food or looking after animals. Providing for their families through hard physical labour. Unless they were wealthy of course.....

We are far too comfy in this day and age, our biggest problems are; why is my wi fi not working and does my smartphone need upgrading. We are supplied with running water, electricity, and a means of waste disposal. Supermarkets are stacked to the gunnels with every type of food you can mention. And fast food outlets will provide you and your kids with a quick fix of nutrition, and cheaply.

So what is there left to worry about? Can I afford the latest Nike trainers? and I think I want to be a woman....Someone said it's fantastic!....
And it's no surprise that most successful male celebs are gay.....They've tried everything else!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top